• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    :facepalm:

That's what I get for copy/pasting last year's post. I knew we didn't make much headway last year or the year before, so I just copied it.
    Thanks for the correction!

Blessings,
    Bill

Eh, it happens. If I hadn't have ran across it in the IC recently when looking something else up I wouldn't have caught it. After I saw it I remembered hearing something about it when it passed, but I quickly forgot about it.

Legalization of Medical and Recreational Marijuana with the stipulation that the funds from the obscenely high taxes we place on it go towards fixing our roads and improving our schools

You've been around long enough to know how that works. Just like the lottery was supposed to go to the schools. They'll send the money from MJ taxes to the schools and roads, and divert the same amount of money they would have budgeted for them to something else. So no gain for those things.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Speaker bosma has NOT been our friend in regards to the 2nd amendment. I'd like to see him removed but that doesn't look like it will happen. I'd like to encourage all the republican caucus to stand up to him and pass constitutional carry this year. The way it was handled the last 2 sessions was disgraceful
    Jim Lucas is a patriot and a true statesman! I'd like to see him get the presidential medal of freedom.

I would like to be able to conceal carry in my child's school without being in fear of jail. no politician can grant me what is already mine to exercise but they can take away your freedom even if it's by illegally using the law to do it.

i would hope all public servants remember they are just that. Public servants. And if you use your elected position (the highest honor in the land) for personal benefit then you are shameful. To the ones that do it for the right reason like Mr Lucas, I would give my place on a sinking ships lifeboat to save your life. You are a hero. I know there are others.

please don't bring anymore foreign Muslims into Indiana. I do believe it is a terrorist group and not a religion. We don't need them and with even a 1% chance they are terrorist that's enough not to risk it. Put Indiana and it's citizens first.

Allow us to manufacturer NFA items within the state boundaries. The state is sovereign over the federal government.

Constitutional carry with with no restrictions is a must this year. Shall not be infringed, and the Indiana constitution is even more specific than the federal! Lets do what's right!

protect our police. If someone attacks a police officer give them the death penalty if found guilty. Don't allow plea deals and do not allow them to be released.

Require the pledge of allegence in all Indiana schools every day. If it already is law then enforce it because I assure you it isn't done. Also require schools to properly maintain the state and federal flags. I had to personally buy flags for my child's school several times because they flew tattered American flags. It is not just cloth and it is a symbol to be proud of and not ashamed!

declare English the official language of Indiana!

fine the crap out of employers who employ illegal aliens or expired visa holders.

Undue all of the unconstitutional and terrible things you committed against the vaping industry in Indiana. It's rediculous. No I don't vape.

require Indiana schools to teach the same information and history of America as New Citizens must learn to become citizens. I mean word for word too. Do not leave it up to teacher discretion! If they don't do it then arrest them. If The Republic is going to continue under the founding principles then our kids MUST learn every detail and truth. You must learn the history of your own country. I take this request very seriously!!! Most adults can't even tell you a basic knowledge of our nation. This is an intentional ploy by our enemies to destroy us from within! Look at the communist manefesto! We must bring back patriotism and the desire to serve in our state and country! Indiana and America is the best and comes first before all others. don't allow teachers to say any different.

Please hold schools accountible for the tax money they spend. Don't allow them to waste our tax money. Kids EDUCATION comes
    before anything else! Streamline the school day and remove BS that our kids don't need to learn and let's get them into the workforce sooner than later and teach them trade skills instead of worthless things.

thank you

Last edited:

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Speaker bosma has NOT been our friend in regards to the 2nd amendment. I'd like to see him removed but that doesn't look like it will happen. I'd like to encourage all the republican caucus to stand up to him and pass constitutional carry this year. The way it was handled the last 2 sessions was disgraceful
    Jim Lucas is a patriot and a true statesman! I'd like to see him get the presidential medal of freedom.

I would like to be able to conceal carry in my child's school without being in fear of jail. no politician can grant me what is already mine to exercise but they can take away your freedom even if it's by illegally using the law to do it.

i would hope all public servants remember they are just that. Public servants. And if you use your elected position (the highest honor in the land) for personal benefit then you are shameful. To the ones that do it for the right reason like Mr Lucas, I would give my place on a sinking ships lifeboat to save your life. You are a hero. I know there are others.

please don't bring anymore foreign Muslims into Indiana. I do believe it is a terrorist group and not a religion. We don't need them and with even a 1% chance they are terrorist that's enough not to risk it. Put Indiana and it's citizens first.

Allow us to manufacturer NFA items within the state boundaries. The state is sovereign over the federal government.

Constitutional carry with with no restrictions is a must this year. Shall not be infringed, and the Indiana constitution is even more specific than the federal! Lets do what's right!

protect our police. If someone attacks a police officer give them the death penalty if found guilty. Don't allow plea deals and do not allow them to be released.

Require the pledge of allegence in all Indiana schools every day. If it already is law then enforce it because I assure you it isn't done. Also require schools to properly maintain the state and federal flags. I had to personally buy flags for my child's school several times because they flew tattered American flags. It is not just cloth and it is a symbol to be proud of and not ashamed!

declare English the official language of Indiana!

fine the crap out of employers who employ illegal aliens or expired visa holders.

Undue all of the unconstitutional and terrible things you committed against the vaping industry in Indiana. It's rediculous. No I don't vape.

require Indiana schools to teach the same information and history of America as New Citizens must learn to become citizens. I mean word for word too. Do not leave it up to teacher discretion! If they don't do it then arrest them. If The Republic is going to continue under the founding principles then our kids MUST learn every detail and truth. You must learn the history of your own country. I take this request very seriously!!! Most adults can't even tell you a basic knowledge of our nation. This is an intentional ploy by our enemies to destroy us from within! Look at the communist manefesto! We must bring back patriotism and the desire to serve in our state and country! Indiana and America is the best and comes first before all others. don't allow teachers to say any different.

Please hold schools accountible for the tax money they spend. Don't allow them to waste our tax money. Kids EDUCATION comes
    before anything else! Streamline the school day and remove BS that our kids don't need to learn and let's get them into the workforce sooner than later and teach them trade skills instead of worthless things.

thank you

If this ain't rep-worthy, nothing is.

bthomp9

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    tipton
    Constitutional Carry
    College Carry
    In my opinion what we need most is liability for those who establish a gun free zone. So for example company xyz makes themselves a gun free zone and there is a shooting. They now are held liable for removing the ability to protect oneself so they must assume that role

Signess

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 29, 2016
    Evansville
    In Tennessee if a business post a sign stating no weapons allowed you break the law by carrying there. Indiana is of course different. However, places like arenas and stadiums can put metal detectors in and not allow entry if you carry. (The Ford Center in Evansville started that last year.) TN just passed a law that makes a business that prevents lawful carry liable for the safety of any CCW permit holder from the time they leave their weapon in their car until they return to it. This means that if a permit holder is wounded or killed the business is liable. I think this would be a great law in Indiana for places like arenas and stadiums that prevent lawful carry. I've heard that almost every posted business in TN took down their signs when this law was passed.

Places that prevent lawful carry only get rid of the sheepdogs / never the sheep or the wolves.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    In Tennessee if a business post a sign stating no weapons allowed you break the law by carrying there. Indiana is of course different. However, places like arenas and stadiums can put metal detectors in and not allow entry if you carry. (The Ford Center in Evansville started that last year.) TN just passed a law that makes a business that prevents lawful carry liable for the safety of any CCW permit holder from the time they leave their weapon in their car until they return to it. This means that if a permit holder is wounded or killed the business is liable. I think this would be a great law in Indiana for places like arenas and stadiums that prevent lawful carry. I've heard that almost every posted business in TN took down their signs when this law was passed.

Places that prevent lawful carry only get rid of the sheepdogs / never the sheep or the wolves.
    holding arenas liable and also the government in gun free zones would be awesome. In govt areas and buildings I'd rather just be able to carry though. If the police can then I can, or should be able to

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

The stadium where the Titans play still doesn't allow weapons, so apparently not all of them.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Here is one, I can't see anyone introducing it. Or it passing if someone did but... Automatic restoration of all rights, including firearm rights when sentence is completed.

I disagree. The business didn't disarm the person, nor are they liable. The person made the choice to disarm based on the property owners wishes. The person is the one that decided to patronize them, said person bears the responsibility for their choice.

Signess

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 29, 2016
    Evansville
    The point of this is really to cause the signs and metal detectors to go away instead of them accepting liability. I've heard the "no weapon" signs in TN almost all disappeared.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    The point of this is really to cause the signs and metal detectors to go away instead of them accepting liability. I've heard the "no weapon" signs in TN almost all disappeared.
    People always complain about the government making them do what someone else wants, but they are quick to want the government to enforce their views on others.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009

I understand what it's for. I just don't agree with it. If you do not like the rules that someone places on you to be on their property, don't go on their property. I am all for a persons rights, that includes their property rights, not just their right to keep and bear arms. I may not like it, but I support their right to do so.

People always complain about the government making them do what someone else wants, but they are quick to want the government to enforce their views on others.

Yep.

Signess

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 29, 2016
    Evansville
    Missouri has introduced a bill like this. It will hold business responsible for injury if someone couldn't defend them self because they were disarmed.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Missouri has introduced a bill like this. It will hold business responsible for injury if someone couldn't defend them self because they were disarmed.

Yes I know other states have passed/introduced bills/laws like this. It doesn't change the facts. The business is not responsible for them being disarmed, the person who voluntarily disarmed to voluntarily patronize the business is. Would/do you like the govt making rules about what you can or can't allow on your property? How about a law that you must allow anti-2nd Amendment protestors to set up camp on your front lawn?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom