• ...and so much more!
  • Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Care to share why?

It should have been +6. I need to check my zero. I'm not saying I'm some kind of sniper, but I have never missed so many shots that were within 50-100 yards. Only one shot was somewhat rushed, but still should have been an easy chip shot. The others were slow, calm, aimed shots at stationary targets. I'm almost certain the one last night was my partner's shot. I'm really hoping I lost zero, or I'll be very annoyed and even more embarrassed.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Well, I'm happy but I'm not...

I checked zero and it was way off. I was shooting five inches high and two inches right at 100 yards. Last zero I was 1 inch high and dead zero on the vertical which is where I want to be. Unfortunately, I didn't record my coordinates, so I'm not sure if it was a glitch or something else. I made sure to write down my zero numbers this time.

Now, I'm ready for some redemption.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I still haven't killed a coyote this year. For the third time since we moved into our new place my wife spotted a coyote on our property and rather than alerting me so I could grab the rifle she runs outside screaming at them to protect the chickens. :xmad:

So this morning we had the discussion, for the third time, that if I kill them they won't be back to chase after the chickens. Hopefully it'll sink in this time.

glank09

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 27, 2013
    Corunna
    Last night our Beagle started barking. It wasn’t his normal Beagle howl like he does when barking at deer, it was a much deeper bark. I got my flashlight and through the bedroom window there was a pretty large coyote about 70 yards away slowly walking through the yard. A few seconds after my light came on it took off. I now keep a rifle upstairs instead of all in the basement!

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    so what does everyone here do with their kills? I've been thinking about starting Coyote hunting this year or next but only because they're getting a bit too close for my comfort with our pets.

Do you just leave em lay? Take em somewhere? Bury em?

IcemanIND

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 29, 2018
    Indianapolis
    One came right up to the house the other day, I thought about trying to take it out but I live in city limits, plenty of property for a safe shot but it is against the law to discharge a firearm where I live

glank09

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 27, 2013
    Corunna
    So tonight while watching tv I could hear some high pitched noise. I mute the tv and realize it is a pack howling/barking fairly close out my back door. I only have 6 acres but it might be time to get a call and see if I can pick off some of them.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    I haven't been able to get out much this year, but managed to get one stand/set in this evening with 30 minutes of light remaining.

+1

Came in within a minute and half....... using rabbit distress.

Last edited:

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    I saw 5 while out pheasant hunting Sunday.

Also met the trapper who works one of the farms I hunted. He has trapped over 30 this season on that place.

Top Bottom