• ...and so much more!
  • Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I did not list a buddy and I got drawn for the early hunt at Prophetstown, but was turned down for the late hunt at Prophetstown.
    I am not sure if you're only allowed one draw, or what the rules are really.
    They are as clear as mud.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    BB3,
    I'm curious.
    Do you have a "Hunter Education" I.D. number?
    I did not last year and was turned down.

A friend told me that people WITH the Hunter Education I.D. numbers got preferential treatment on the draws.
    I broke down last year and took the B.S. online course. It cost me $20.
    I was technically exempt because of my age, but I took it anyway, passed, and received my number.
    This year I was drawn.
    Don't know if it had anything to do with my success or not.
    Just FYI

I do have one ... or 2 ... or 3 ...

I had to take a course in PA when I was 12 (min age back in 1980 to hunt there and HE required) ... still have that card.
    I too here w/ my SiL - technically he's exempt by a year or 2 but he had 0 experience, I hadn't hunted in years, and never in INDIANA before;
    - so we took it together to be sure of things. - we did a DNR class about 13 yrs ago. - I have that # that I use ...
    Also -
    - I sat thru the DNR class a few years later w/ a nephew's son who wanted to hunt (and took him a few times).
    - I will sit thru it again w/ my grandson(s - 2 of them) - as needed to get them into the field in the next few years ...

I've been drawn 3 time maybe in the 10-12 yrs of maybe 6 time applying for this hunt (only 1 I ever apply for) and of those - I managed to get there 1 day that work didn't end up interfering w/ some "emergency" ... so ...

Top Bottom