• ...and so much more!
  • brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    just looked and found a few more ...

HB 1422 - Not as good SB 33 - https://iga.in.gov/legislative/2018/bills/house/1422
    DIGEST
    Carrying of handgun in church. Allows a person who may legally possess a firearm to possess a firearm while attending a: (1) course of instruction; (2) religious ceremony; or (3) worship service; at a house of worship located on school property, if the person is authorized to provide security services for the house of worship.

HB 1387 (Lawson) - I get bad vibes about this ... https://iga.in.gov/legislative/2018/bills/house/1387
    DIGESTDangerous discharge of a firearm. Provides that a person not in a place specifically set aside for the discharge of a firearm who knowingly or intentionally discharges a loaded firearm without legal justification while in a city or town commits a Level 6 felony.

and just added 1424 - competing w/ 1022 - to the CONSTITUTIONAL CARRY thread:
    https://iga.in.gov/legislative/2018/bills/house/1424#digest-heading

Requirements to carry a handgun without a permit. Repeals the law that requires a person to obtain a license to carry a handgun in Indiana. Provides that a resident of Indiana who is not otherwise prohibited from carrying or possessing a handgun may carry a handgun without first obtaining or possessing a license to carry a handgun from the state. Makes an appropriation to the state police department in certain instances. Requires a resident who carries a handgun without a license to carry a form of state issued identification. Provides that a resident who carries a handgun without state issued identification commits a Class C infraction. Prohibits certain individuals from knowingly or intentionally carrying a handgun. Creates the crime of "unlawful carrying of a handgun by a prohibited possessor". Provides that a prohibited possessor who knowingly or intentionally carries a handgun commits a Class A misdemeanor. Specifies that the unlawful carrying of a handgun by a prohibited possessor is a Level 6 felony if the person has a prior unrelated conviction for unlawful carrying of a handgun by a prohibited possessor. Specifies that the crime of unlawful carrying of a handgun by a prohibited possessor is a Level 4 felony if the person: (1) is less than 23 years of age; and (2) has an adjudication as a delinquent child for certain acts. Eliminates the licensing fee for a four year handgun license. Eliminates the requirement mandating the submission of fingerprints when applying for a handgun license. Allows a resident of Indiana who wishes to carry a firearm in another state under a reciprocity agreement entered into by Indiana and the other state to obtain an Indiana license to carry a handgun from the superintendent of the state police department. Defines certain terms. Makes conforming amendments.

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    ***URGENT: READ, CONTACT, & SHARE ***
    We been warning about the potential for a "Compromise Carry" bill since the summer study committee was created last spring.
    “Compromise Carry” is a permit-less carry bill, like “Constitutional Carry” but with gun control added.
    Well now it is here, HB 1424, and it is scheduled for a hearing in the House Public Policy Committee tomorrow. While this bill is technically permit-less carry it has several problems:
    HB 1424 contains mental health provisions that can cost law-abiding gun owners the loss of their gun rights WITHOUT due process. The language may even be more broad than Obama's Veterans and Social Security gun bans.
    There are also provisions concerning protective orders where anyone, not just household members, could get a protective order entered by a judge at a secret hearing that you are not even aware of that would suspend your right to carry.
    The state will still require you to carry a state ID at all times when carrying a firearm, and will penalize law-abiding gun owners for no other reason than failing to do so.
    As-is if HB 1424 is passed, Indiana would become a “Constitutional Carry” state, but perhaps the most restrictive state of any that have passed it so far.
    HB 1424 MUST be fixed before it leaves committee.
    Call Rep. Tim Wesco, the bill's author and Vice-Chairman of the Public Policy committee, and tell him we want Constitutional Carry WITHOUT COMPROMISE; fix the bill before voting it out of committee.
    Then contact Rep. Ben Smaltz, the Public Policy Chairman and a co-author on the bill and tell him the same.
    Tim Wesco:
    (317) 232-9753
    h21@iga.in.gov

Ben Smaltz:
    (317) 232-9850
    h52@iga.in.gov

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    ***URGENT: READ, CONTACT, & SHARE ***
    We been warning about the potential for a "Compromise Carry" bill since the summer study committee was created last spring.
    “Compromise Carry” is a permit-less carry bill, like “Constitutional Carry” but with gun control added.
    Well now it is here, HB 1424, and it is scheduled for a hearing in the House Public Policy Committee tomorrow. While this bill is technically permit-less carry it has several problems:
    HB 1424 contains mental health provisions that can cost law-abiding gun owners the loss of their gun rights WITHOUT due process. The language may even be more broad than Obama's Veterans and Social Security gun bans.
    There are also provisions concerning protective orders where anyone, not just household members, could get a protective order entered by a judge at a secret hearing that you are not even aware of that would suspend your right to carry.
    The state will still require you to carry a state ID at all times when carrying a firearm, and will penalize law-abiding gun owners for no other reason than failing to do so.
    As-is if HB 1424 is passed, Indiana would become a “Constitutional Carry” state, but perhaps the most restrictive state of any that have passed it so far.
    HB 1424 MUST be fixed before it leaves committee.
    Call Rep. Tim Wesco, the bill's author and Vice-Chairman of the Public Policy committee, and tell him we want Constitutional Carry WITHOUT COMPROMISE; fix the bill before voting it out of committee.
    Then contact Rep. Ben Smaltz, the Public Policy Chairman and a co-author on the bill and tell him the same.
    Tim Wesco:
    (317) 232-9753
    h21@iga.in.gov

Ben Smaltz:
    (317) 232-9850
    h52@iga.in.gov

Hoosier Carry - Bad info / false - already shared in the Con Carry HB 1022 Thread. -

Call them "NAGR lite" - IMO.

Mmccalip

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    I’ll tell ya, Rep Jim Lucas from Seymour is someone we need to keep in office. On the other hand, Brian Bosma needs the boot. I read a quote by Bosma about Constitutional Carry and he basically stated that he didn’t understand why it was important.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I’ll tell ya, Rep Jim Lucas from Seymour is someone we need to keep in office. On the other hand, Brian Bosma needs the boot. I read a quote by Bosma about Constitutional Carry and he basically stated that he didn’t understand why it was important.

The problem is that the only people who can vote Bosma out are the people in his district, just as the only ones who can keep Jim Lucas in office are the people in his district. I've heard nothing of a challenger to Bosma, but I heard somewhere (maybe here on INGO?) that there were two primary challengers to Lucas. In addition, there was a legislator a few years ago who got primaried out of office by a candidate who reportedly had the backing of a couple of large Indianapolis law firms. We lost a good, solid pro-2A voice in that one.

Word to the wise.

Blessings,
    Bill

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    FYI:

we are at halfway point and have 4 bills alive - though a pair of these are nearly twins.

SB 20 (deer hunting) - a small mess to clean up the prior messes - it's still potentially a mess.
    SB 33 (houses of worship and firearms) - probably the best bill this session (at this time)
    SB 237 / HB 1424 (both called Handgun Licensing) - these are the one's that cut to the core.

My write up - LINK: https://www.facebook.com/IndianaMomsAgainstGunControl/posts/1563150170443539

(if you're on that face/butt thing - please give us a Like - we've been stuck for a while)

Text of write-up (For those that don't do the book of face.

NOTE - there are issue specific threads for all of these on in this subforum.

2018 IGA Short Session Half Time Report – February 6, 2018

We are at about half-way through the IGA session this year (Remember – we have a part time legislature, they only meet for about 3 months this session). A number of bills we liked to have seen passed by the legislature are already dead, and a rather good piece of legislature gutted and replaced. Currently, there are 4 pieces of firearms legislation (1 is specific to hunting) still moving through the IGA.

SB 20 (Deer Hunting) – has been passed from the Senate to the House, with Jim Lucas as a sponsor. This is one of a few bills that will be before the House Natural Resources Committee. The intent of this is to fix the confusion and misdirection with bills passed the prior 2 sessions that changed laws regarding hunting deer with rifles. No hearings are scheduled at this time but I expect one will be held for this, as this issues was a big concern for many that hunt deer. This was amended prior to passing the senate. (A link to this legislation is at the end of the article.)

SB 33 (Houses of Worship and Firearms) – We reported on this last week. It was amended on the Senate floor at 2nd reading. This removed the atrocious language added during the hearing, and added some better language noting property rights. It does NOT require permission from; and removes the CRIME of carrying on school property while attending Church/Worship functions. The change on the floor restores some small level of confidence in some of our legislators. (Again, a link to the updated version is at the end of the post). This was just passed in 3rd reading today; so It will now be referred to the House, likely to the Public Policy Committee.

SB 237 and HB 1424 (Handgun Licenses) – I am calling these bills “Fraternal Twins”; though really they are like minded, look-a-like cousins. Each bill has passed to the other chamber, and no hearings are set yet. BOTH of these bills change the current 4 yr. license (to carry a handgun, or LTCH) to a term of 5 yrs.; and both add the necessary background check requirements to make them “Brady” or “NICS” exempt for purchases from an FFL (aka Licensed Firearms Dealer). The Senate Bill makes this change on – July 1 2018; The House bill – July 1, 2019. This is due to some of the differences between them.

The SB revised the fee for replacement of lost LTCH’s, but otherwise keeps the fees the same. It also eliminates the “Qualified” type of license that is only valid for Hunting and Target Practice, which while relevant several years ago, is unnecessary at this time. I do not know of anyone that holds one of the “qualified” type of LTCH.

The House Bill HB 1424 makes more sweeping changes. The fees for the Lifetime LTCH are eliminated, and the costs for the 5 yr. license are reduced. This “loss of funding” is the reason for the delay to allow the changes to be addressed in next years “BUDGET” session. The HB version, also allows for a person to hold both a Lifetime and a 5 yr. “Brady Exempt” license at the same time; as a pathway to allow the NICS exemption for those with Lifetime LTCHs.

I know these bills are headed for the opposite chamber committee hearings – but I do not yet know the exact procedure these will take, because of the similarity. I am sure there are rules for when such similar bills are offered and passed in both chambers. Links to both bills are at the end of the article.

That’s the status right now – Please be writing and calling your legislators and the committee members where these are headed to voice your positions. We will offer more insight and thoughts on several of these (as amended) in the next day or two.

Sadly “ConC” (constitutional carry) is out for this session. Poorly understanding of the issue – despite the very successful summer study report – remains the chief contention point. Follow that up with POORLY worded legislative questionnaires, Party Leadership that is NOT interested in fixing the constitutional conflict, and weak kneed legislators – and you get where we are now.

Please like comment and share – let’s get the best things we can out of this session.

Thank you

--- BB3

LINKS:
    SB 20:
    https://iga.in.gov/legislative/2018/bills/senate/20#document-a70fb573

SB 33:
    https://iga.in.gov/legislative/2018/bills/senate/33#document-b2324e6a

SB 237:
    https://iga.in.gov/legislative/2018/bills/senate/237#document-fe3d18b1

HB 1424:
    https://iga.in.gov/legislative/2018/bills/house/1424#document-87859ba5

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    PART 2 of the update - to add info to the post above.

Deadlines and where stuff is headed (committee wise) as bills cross chambers ...

again a bit help requested if any'o'ya'll are on FB:
    ... here's the link and please like the page: ... https://www.facebook.com/IndianaMomsAgainstGunControl/posts/1563988540359702

And here's the text for those not on Suckerbergers monstrosity:

2018 – IGA “HALF TIME” UPDATE – PART 2 – Deadlines and What to look for in the Second Half.

As noted – we are at “half time” in the current IGA session. All the bills that have not been passed forward from their originating chamber are dead. House bills that were passed are moved to the Senate, and Senate bills that passed have moved to the House. The next Critical Deadlines occur on March 5 and March 6. The rest of this week – there are no hearings.

Monday March 5 is the last day for 3rd reading (passage) of Senate Bills by the House; and Tuesday March 6 is the last day for 3rd reading (passage) of House Bills by the Senate. After these date, the rules committee for each chamber must also approve any conference committee report; that is, if the General Assembly decides to remain in session. The last week of the session is the following week, with all matters to be resolved by Wednesday March 14, when the session goes Sine Die.

The Bills have been referred to the following committees:
    Senate Bill 20 was assigned to the House Natural Resources Committee. No hearings are scheduled yet, but with only 3 item on the list (at this time), we anticipate a hearing within 3 week window.

Note: A matter related to hunting; for any that participate, HB 1212 – regarding the use of purple paint to mark “no trespassing”/property lines – was passed from the house this session. This was a part of the rifle rule legislation 2 years ago but was dropped at the time. This moves to the Senate Civil Law Committee. It is one of 12 items on the list, but this committee approved about 19 bills in the first half.

Senate Bill 237 is assigned to the House Public Policy Committee; and House Bill 1424 I assigned to the Senate Judiciary Committee. These are the “near twin” bills and the have swapped committees. I am not 100% sure how this plays out; I see these to being merged at some point and going to conference committee, but I am not sure how this process will happen.

Senate Bill 33 is the unlikely star legislation of this session. This was last to gain approval in the Senate, and while un-assigned (until next week), it is likely headed to the House Public Policy Committee with SB 237. Adding this to the Committee list bring the total with this committee to 5 Bills, with 2 of these on our issue.

The Senate Judiciary Committee has 10 House Bills before it; and has a hearing scheduled for Feb 14, but HB 1424 is not on the agenda this time around.

Now is the time to write and/or call, if you haven’t already, to let the committee and your legislators know where you stand on these items. Links were included in yesterday’s update (LINK: https://www.facebook.com/IndianaMomsAgainstGunControl/posts/1563150170443539 ) to each of the bills – and today at the end of the article I will add the committee links, which have the members listed as well; and we have provided reviews on most of these earlier this year as well.

PLEASE share this time critical information. And comment to let us know if you have any questions on these issues. Thank you

IN LIBERTY

--- BB3

DEADLINES: https://iga.in.gov/legislative/2018/deadlines/

Committees:
    House Natural Resource: https://iga.in.gov/legislative/2018/committees/natural_resources_1400
    Senate Civil Law: https://iga.in.gov/legislative/2018/committees/civil_law_3200
    Senate Judiciary: https://iga.in.gov/legislative/2018/committees/judiciary_4200
    House Public Policy: https://iga.in.gov/legislative/2018/committees/public_policy_1600

claybustr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2011
    IN State Senator Rodric Bray from Martinsville is a traitor to INGO.

I copied this from Guy Relford's facebook page. It really pisses me off.

Legislative update: it appears that despite a Republican supermajority in both the House and the Senate, the Indiana General Assembly has achieved exactly NOTHING to protect your Second Amendment rights in 2018, despite a lot of hard work by good people like Reps. Ben Smaltz, Jim Lucas and Jerry Torr.

Please join me on WIBC on Saturday from 5-7pm as I discuss how Republican Sen. Rodric Bray, after chairing the Summer Study committee that recommended "removing hurdles" for law-abiding Hoosiers exercising their Second Amendment rights, actually shot down legislation that would've removed at least one of those hurdles - the cost of a lifetime license. And apparently the Indiana General Assembly continues to think that you should be sent to prison for a felony if you simply decide to carry a gun in church to protect your family while you worship (if there happens to be a school anywhere on the same property).

If you care about your Second Amendment rights, the 2018 Indiana General Assembly just spit in your face - and proved conclusively that the summer study committee on Constitutional Carry was a complete farce designed to simply shut us up for a year. We'll be talking a lot about what Indiana voters should do about these issues over the next several months.

Rodric Bray is from Martinsville. Really Martinsville? I was raised in Martinsville. Maybe things have changed and now Martinsville is a liberal bastion flourishing within an otherwise extremely red state. All I can saw is WTF Rodric Bray? It's time for you to be primaried and sent back to whatever your day job is.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Speaker Bosma continues to be a traitor to the oath he took and the constitution. He's a true piece of crap politician that our founders would have been ashamed of. But his caucus continues to allow him to rule. Vote out the king

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Thread doesn't get a lot of action, so I'm going to post bills introduced in other states, as well.

PA Assault Weapons Ban SB17 : Regular Session 2017-2018 Senate Bill 0017 P.N. 1573

Bans most popular semiauto rifles, some pistols/riflles, ammo capacity 10 round ban, may-issue revocable license to own, no grand father clause.

Delaware SB162

Duplicates Maryland "assault weapons" ban.

Oregon Assault Weapon, Handgun, & Magazine Ban: Ballot Measure just filed.

Basically makes nearly every semi auto rifle with a detachable magazine an "assault weapon." No grandfathering. Have to sell out of state or turn over for destruction within 120 days of passage

H.R.5087 congressional Assault Weapons Ban of 2018

Also seeks to cover shotguns, makes possession illegal, no compensation for confiscation.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Now would be a good time for someone like Rand Paul to use some of his energy he uses to beat his head against the wall about government spying to start a counter offensive to start pushing to repeal (among others) Hughes, GCA, and NFA. Stop simply trying to hold the line...attack.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Always figures this was to highlight ones from indiana that we needed to address (below) in specific threads -
    Perhaps we need one a sticky here for the "115th US Congress Legislative Session" - and a sticky for "YEAR - Other State Legislative Attempts" ...

Perhaps it doesn't matters so much now - since - other than the special session (1 or 2 days? - figured a week myself) ... our legislature is SINE DIE.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Now would be a good time for someone like Rand Paul to use some of his energy he uses to beat his head against the wall about government spying to start a counter offensive to start pushing to repeal (among others) Hughes, GCA, and NFA. Stop simply trying to hold the line...attack.

Prayers about to be answered?

102s4l3.jpg
    h

Top Bottom