• Poll closed .

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Messer was chairman of the Indiana Republican party. That should tell people everything they need to know.
    That wasnt a compliment.

They dont put free thinkers in those positions. They put yes men

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    If you want someone who will vote lockstep with the likes of Paul ryan and mitch McConnell and the other RINOs then vote for messer.
    Rokita is the guy that we want

Settles it for me. Unless someone can refute this, Rokita is the [STRIKE]prick[/STRIKE] pick.
    But he's our prick...

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Todd Rokita! Straight from his mouth, “I will support no anti gun legislation”. He has my vote! In fact, he’s expressed an interest in visiting the private range I have access to for a day of shooting ARs. It would also be cool to have a US Senators’ personal cell number in my phone!

Bobby

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Muncie/New Castle
    It will be Todd Rokita for me. I don't trust a man who has probably voted Democrat for most of his adult life(Braun). Luke Messer has always rubbed me wrong. Like a squeaky-clean, check-the-box, country club, party-over-grassroots, establishment Republican.

Bobby

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Muncie/New Castle
    That Lamb dude was a very good speaker. So was the young guy running for a State Rep position.

The Muncie Star Press interviewed all the candidates running for the 6th district House of Representatives seat. Jonathon Lamb came out in favor of a bump stock ban. Greg Pence has not taken such a stance so it is my hope that I can go to him and explain why I don't support a bump stock ban. Lamb is young and is certainly free to change his mind. However, until he does so, he won't be earning my vote.

HubertGummer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2016
    McCordsville
    I heard a radio interview with Katz and Braun and on the 2A subject I thought Braun came off as a bit of a Fudd. Probably Rokita for me.

ETA: why does bacon only have 9 votes on a multiple choice poll?

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Because I made the poll and I forgot to check it.

Yeah, I am that stupid!:dunno:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    It better be Rokita. I gave him an INGO challenge coin and told him a lot of us support him.

A 7.62 Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Shreveport, LA
    If you’re considering Rokita, I’m begging you to reconsider. If Rokita is the candidate, we’re literally giving Ole Donnelly his seat back. Rokita is running on the TRUMP IS GOD MAGA bandwagon, that will single handedly cost us another republican in the senate.

We’re going to see a lot of states go blue, and Indiana has the best shot at flipping red. That’s why I’m going for Luke Messer. He’s down to earth, and can actually give Joe a run for his money

trailrider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    GREENSBURG
    If you’re considering Rokita, I’m begging you to reconsider. If Rokita is the candidate, we’re literally giving Ole Donnelly his seat back. Rokita is running on the TRUMP IS GOD MAGA bandwagon, that will single handedly cost us another republican in the senate.

We’re going to see a lot of states go blue, and Indiana has the best shot at flipping red
    . That’s why I’m going for Luke Messer. He’s down to earth, and can actually give Joe a run for his money

True. Don't underestimate the power of the "blue wave" and apathetic Republican voters.

A 7.62 Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Shreveport, LA
    True. Don't underestimate the power of the "blue wave" and apathetic Republican voters.
    At this point I think we as red voters need to be looking at who has the best chance at beating Donnelly, not necessarily who our favorite candidate is. Rokita won’t stand a chance, and I’m not even sure Messer will, but I think Messer will cut it a lot closer than Rokita will

trailrider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    GREENSBURG
    Messer will have no ethical or personal issues. Likely can defend whatever Donnelly's camp would throw at him. Donnelly will be better funded than either, IMO.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    So, should Rokita be the Republican nominee will you never Trumpers stay home or vote for Donnelly?

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    So, should Rokita be the Republican nominee will you never Trumpers stay home or vote for Donnelly?

Hopefully, whoever the Republican Senatorial candidate ends up being, they won't win the nomination by using tactics that make it too difficult to pull together for election time.

drbob93

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2009
    South Central Indiana
    I see a large ethical and personal issues. He was elected to the House as a replacement in 2011. In 2012, he sold his Indiana house and bought one in upscale Maclean, VA. When he makes the sacrifice to come to Indiana, he stays with his mother. Maclean is essentially in the swamp. He also owns a vacation home in Tennessee. Also has been convicted of drunk driving twice. This came from a recent article in the Indy Star. I was in Rokita's district until the recent gerrymandering, and he was excellent at representing the people who elected him. Messer will not get my vote.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011

We’re going to see a lot of states go blue, and Indiana has the best shot at flipping red. That’s why I’m going for Luke Messer. He’s down to earth, and can actually give Joe a run for his money

I know Todd. He's pretty savvy politically. I think he knows that to get past the primary, he's gotta be a MAGA man.

But, he's also Hoosier enough that he can appeal to moderates in the general, to the extent necessary. He's won statewide before, as Secretary of State. So, he can play that game.

Rokita can give Donnelly a run.

Top Bottom