• mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I love the silly pictures...things you never see just looking out the window it seems. I do see some of the rearing up at each other and the running around, but the cameras sure capture things most would never see.

Turkeys seem to be making a nice comeback on our property as well. Counted 32 out the window the other night while making supper. That was nice to see!

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    7 deer (2).jpg

7 of the 8 deer that cruise through my yard twice a day right in the town of Brownsburg. I put a little corn out for squirrels in the winter sometimes.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    QfHw5To.jpg

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Hubby gave up one of his cameras since he is getting ready to switch from coyote hunting to fishing for a while. I am not sure if I have it in a good spot, but I am pretty sure it will give me a different perspective on who is visiting.

KGS

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2014
    Crawfordsville
    I definitely want to get some trail cams! They will really come in handy to get patterns in my hunting locations. Will also help me decide where I want to build a couple of blinds this spring for next falls bow season.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I think about the only thing you can bait is nuisance animals like coyotes.

I know there is corn in some of my turkey pictures, but we don't hunt them. I feed them and enjoy watching them. The bugs they eat are just an added benefit. It is nice to see the flock finally growing again after taking out a bunch of coyotes. Hubby shot 16 coyotes here since October, and I am seeing more turkeys daily than I have in several years. He did find a bunch of turkey feathers a couple of weeks ago where something took one, and I am still seeing coyotes on the cameras fairly routinely.

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    Not a criticism, but wondering why it is illegal to bait for deer but not illegal to bait turkeys ? Logic ?
    We FEED Turkeys, just not within 10 days of hunting season. Feeding and Baiting are two different things as long as you follow the law. Same laws as deer hunting.

Top Bottom