• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ndawoods25

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Martinsville
    Went to camp atterbury on a muzzleloader hunt saturday. Sat all day and saw nothing. My hunting partner saw nothing also. On the way out we saw a buck that was about 12-14" wide standing in the woods 20 yards. mile down 4 does ran across the road. Another mile down a 4 pointer ran across the road.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Went to camp atterbury on a muzzleloader hunt saturday. Sat all day and saw nothing. My hunting partner saw nothing also. On the way out we saw a buck that was about 12-14" wide standing in the woods 20 yards. mile down 4 does ran across the road. Another mile down a 4 pointer ran across the road.

My dad won a draw to hunt atterbury during shotgun season when I was about 12 or 13. We went that one time, never been back. People walking by you all day long, sounded like they were practicing on the firing range, people had to be shooting at running deer. I’ve never been so scared in the woods. Don’t know if it’s any different now, but that put me off of any draw hunts.

ndawoods25

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Martinsville
    My dad won a draw to hunt atterbury during shotgun season when I was about 12 or 13. We went that one time, never been back. People walking by you all day long, sounded like they were practicing on the firing range, people had to be shooting at running deer. I’ve never been so scared in the woods. Don’t know if it’s any different now, but that put me off of any draw hunts.
    The only person I saw was my hunting partner. There was 275 hunters with muzzleloaders. I actually heard just a handful of shots all day. They now have a 15" minimum and 4 points on 1 side to shoot a buck. Shotgun may be different breed of hunters..

dprimm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Just West of Indianapolis
    I want to go back out. Got 2 but we have a new side of beef as well. 2.5 freezers are full. Want the 3rd just for sausage and other fixtures. Will see after Christmas. Bonus time and I have 1 tag left.

ilikeguns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Prairie Creek

9:45am December 15th, Muzzleloader. We knew something had been nosing does around in the woods all morning but nothing ever stepped into the open. Finally came out and he put a perfect shot on it. Made it 50yds and piled up.

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    Beautiful buck!
    Sat last night. Saw a smallish buck a couple hundred yards out. Had a "hunter" try to walk by me from the neighbors farm about 5:00. I yelled NOT COOL! and he turned and acted like he wasn't going to cross the line. He was already over it. Turned around and started looking around. What a Fudd.

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    FANTASTIC! Someone willing to say dont shoot does! I wish the people around us would stop the slaughter. Damn few does around to fill tags like they do.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Don't think I've shot a doe since 2014.
    And have taken two total from the thicket, since started hunting there in 2007.
    Those around me hammer em pretty good though :(

Did go out tonight.
    Had 6 one one trail cam pic.

Late season, recurve.............pretty low % deal.
    Didn't see any deer.
    Was a nice and super quiet wind down to the day.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    https://youtu.be/sYnwhxG8vxU

Good info here

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

There is some good info there... hidden among a fair number of misleading statements. The comments are also largely predicated on experience in an area, the UP, that bears no resemblance to anything Indiana has to offer.

I'd suggest Growing Deer TV and Dr. Grant Woods for better information that is more applicable to Indiana.

gatorgrip47331

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2018
    US
    There is some good info there... hidden among a fair number of misleading statements. The comments are also largely predicated on experience in an area, the UP, that bears no resemblance to anything Indiana has to offer.

I'd suggest Growing Deer TV and Dr. Grant Woods for better information that is more applicable to Indiana.
    Love Dr woods

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

ndawoods25

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Martinsville
    Well one week ago was my end of deer season. Went out with a bang Shot a nice 10 point, deer #5. Was on a draw hunt. Heard him coming a mile away with the frozen snow pack. Tried to post pics but said I was over size limit, and Im not a computer wizz. Dont know how to adjust

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Go to imgur.com and upload there.
    Then after its done use edit feature ( resize ).
    Pixel size will be in upper right corner.
    Change the first number to about 1200. The other number will adjust on its own to maintain aspect ratio.

Hit " save " and then click upper right pull down on picture for " share ljnks ".

Copy and paste the BBC code into your forum post.

It might be corruoted w a ? and other symbol at the end. Maybe not.

If you post it and it doesnt show a pic, clip the ? and next character to it when you edit your post.

Should work then.

Hey......even I figured it out. So don't sweat it.

Couple times and youre a pro

Top Bottom