• ...and so much more!
  • Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Nice! Glad to see fish in it!

I was the superintendent with Milestone when we cleared the park and dug the pond!

Great job! I enjoyed my tone there. Lis of people really live that park. The bass really like hiding on the north side in the thick cover.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Nice to see you getting some nice bass.

Thanks, anglers are very polarized I've noticed. Most want you to succeed, the others want all the fish to themselves. lIsten to the ones who want to help and you'll be fine, as with most things of course.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Thanks, anglers are very polarized I've noticed. Most want you to succeed, the others want all the fish to themselves. lIsten to the ones who want to help and you'll be fine, as with most things of course.

I have no issues giving some advice, and even while out on the areas I fish, I will talk to folks I see regularly, etc. That said, I have had strangers walk up to me while I was fishing, and say they have never fished here before (with their rod in hand) and ask me specific questions that day like what lures, colors, etc I'm fishing in what areas and where structure is in the lake, etc. I'm not giving out that info to someone who has put no time into an area. That said, a lot of that is due to the areas I fish being smaller and not wanting to put a lot of extra fishing pressure on it, and the fact that the person obviously has put in no time to discover anything themselves. Now on the other hand, someone I have seen before, and willing to compare notes, then I'll discuss some specifics back and forth.

So there are some nuances to it.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Nuances is the correct terminology.

Don't overdue information ether way to others, at least until you've crossed paths with them numerous times. You always want to be friendly and helpful, but you certainly don't have to give it all away. At the same time, welcome every tidbit they want to tell you of their successes.

I used to be really quick to throw open the cooler lid to brag about my catch. Seasons later, I see "gents" camped on the honey holes, sitting in their boats talking to their buddies about the 60 fish that they drug out of that falldown...:n00b:

Last edited:

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Yea, I get it. I guess I'm so used to the firearm community where wt live to share and learn from each other. There's not nearly as much dog eat dog. Just mostly whining and bickering. Lol for me a huge part of fishing is the ecological aspect. I want to see these environments flourish.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    I want to recreate the lures my grandfather was using in the late 50's.
    Painted dowels with three trebles, beads and props front and back.
    And the poppers and chuggers I made in the 60's.

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Yea, I get it. I guess I'm so used to the firearm community where wt live to share and learn from each other. There's not nearly as much dog eat dog. Just mostly whining and bickering. Lol for me a huge part of fishing is the ecological aspect. I want to see these environments flourish.

You should be on a lake when there is a bass tournament in progress. I wasn't in the tournament, just fishing, when some guy comes along and goes between my boat and the bank so that he can fish the same bank I am. Luckily, for me, he didn't catch anything and moved on. I always thought guys that were into tournament fishing took the fun out of fishing.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I want to recreate the lures my grandfather was using in the late 50's.
    Painted dowels with three trebles, beads and props front and back.

Sounds like some my granddad had, although iirc his had 2 trebels. I'll have to check and see if I have one lying around. I have a couple of his lures, but I won't use them because I don't want to lose them.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    You should be on a lake when there is a bass tournament in progress. I wasn't in the tournament, just fishing, when some guy comes along and goes between my boat and the bank so that he can fish the same bank I am. Luckily, for me, he didn't catch anything and moved on. I always thought guys that were into tournament fishing took the fun out of fishing.

At that point in time, it's a competition not a hobby..

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Literally had a small mouth jump into my canoe last weekend. I spooked him coming around a corner and he jumped right in.

.....Only fish I "caught" that day. Water has been so high and muddy in the rivers here it's been not so great fishing. Excited to see the levels dropping a bit. Fish should be on.

Top Bottom