• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I am sure this has been covered... but can one hold a lifetime and a 5 year LTCH?

That would allow me to not have to go thru the NICS check but if I forgot to renew I would still have my lifetime to fall back on.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I am sure this has been covered... but can one hold a lifetime and a 5 year LTCH?

That would allow me to not have to go thru the NICS check but if I forgot to renew I would still have my lifetime to fall back on.

Yes.

DataGeek19

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2017
    Southern Indiana
    According to ISP:

“Starting July 1, 2019 the four year license to carry a handgun (LTCH) will no longer be issued. It has been replaced with the five year LTCH. Current four year licenses will not automatically extend and will expire four years after issuance. The five year and lifetime LTCH may be applied for and held concurrently. The five year LTCH will NOT qualify as an alternative to the NICS background check requirement.”

“The language is in place in the statute to create the groundwork needed for NICS exemption however the NICS check is governed Federally. Only the ATF can certify the five year LTCH qualifies as an alternative to the NICS requirements. Currently there is no additional information on if or when the Indiana five year LTCH may become an alternative to the NICS background check.”

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    According to ISP:

“Starting July 1, 2019 the four year license to carry a handgun (LTCH) will no longer be issued. It has been replaced with the five year LTCH. Current four year licenses will not automatically extend and will expire four years after issuance. The five year and lifetime LTCH may be applied for and held concurrently. The five year LTCH will NOT qualify as an alternative to the NICS background check requirement.”

“The language is in place in the statute to create the groundwork needed for NICS exemption however the NICS check is governed Federally. Only the ATF can certify the five year LTCH qualifies as an alternative to the NICS requirements. Currently there is no additional information on if or when the Indiana five year LTCH may become an alternative to the NICS background check.”

Waiting on the ATF. Why does that sound familiar? This could be what's known as a trend.

DataGeek19

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2017
    Southern Indiana
    Waiting on the ATF. Why does that sound familiar? This could be what's known as a trend.

The FFL Dealers listen and are governed by them (ATF) and not the state. That is why the specific language stating “NICS Exempt” was stripped from the bill and won’t be in the statute. However the conditions are set to meet all required criteria for approval.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Just going to drop this one here.

DC Cir. rejects Second Amendment challenge to having a firearm on Capitol grounds (he had three guns in his locked jeep in the 200 block Maryland Avenue parking slots).

Also rejects due process challenge premised on confusing Capitol grounds boundaries.

https://www.cadc.uscourts.gov/internet/opinions.nsf/C285DB3765D160098525843C0051597A/$file/15-3015-1798017.pdf

Top Bottom