• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I am thinking about carrying a knife, lol. I am in so many instances where I can't carry a gun throughout the day that I hardly carry anymore. At least with a knife and some training I may be able to survive a close encounter...as long as they don't have a gun!:)
    That's at least partially humor but I find myself back to carrying my Shield more than my Compact Smith just so I can hide it better. I only carry OWB and though there is not much difference, in my mind it seems like the Compact prints quite a bit more.
    Overthinking?

A knife...with training...maybe try a cane or something that has a longer reach and doesn't attract much attention?

Maybe, but only you can determine what is best and most comfortable for you. To me, I'm much more confident handling a double stack compact sized gun, than a smaller, thinner gun, which is why I prefer to carry my P10c rather than something smaller.

Single-stack...double-stack...a lot has to do with user preference.
    I have somewhat smaller hands and find that the Glock 36 (single-stack, 6+1, .45 acp) has a great 'feel' to me and I shoot it very accurately!
    I CC'd a 5-shot SP101 for the first 10 years of concealed carry...and am very comfortable with a 6+1 with 2 magazine back-up set-up.
    Everyone has to go through the process of determining what works best for them...and then obtain skill development, followed by practice, practice, practice!

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Single-stack...double-stack...a lot has to do with user preference.
    I have somewhat smaller hands and find that the Glock 36 (single-stack, 6+1, .45 acp) has a great 'feel' to me and I shoot it very accurately!
    I CC'd a 5-shot SP101 for the first 10 years of concealed carry...and am very comfortable with a 6+1 with 2 magazine back-up set-up.
    Everyone has to go through the process of determining what works best for them...and then obtain skill development, followed by practice, practice, practice!

Exactly, there is no one size fits all when it comes to defensive firearms. You have to find what works for you and then train with it. I've had several EDC's over the years and keep searching for what works best. Right now it's my P10c and it works very well, but who knows what I'll carry in the future... :dunno:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    If I were in a less gun friendly state, I’d probably put more effort into concealment and a single stack would be appealing to me. Here in Indiana, we could duck tape the thing to our forehead and most would not notice and the one’s that do would probably just comment on the crappy carry rig.

That said, I have been finding the G43X interesting but I don’t know why. I liked shooting a buddy’s G43. If I didn’t already have a couple P938s, I might consider one but don’t have enough interest to spend money on one now.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I'm still looking for that one single stack. There are a lot of choices out there but still can't quite decide.

And it doesn't help that the companies keep introducing new ones!:) Makes one want wait to see what's coming out next.

I usually only want the best, but at this point I have decided that "good" is good enough. I'm sticking with what I have, Hellcat or not!:):

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    And it doesn't help that the companies keep introducing new ones!:) Makes one want wait to see what's coming out next.

I usually only want the best, but at this point I have decided that "good" is good enough. I'm sticking with what I have, Hellcat or not!:):

Chasing the perfect carry gun has cost me many thousands of dollars and in the end, I still tend to carry what I had near the beginning mostly. Good enough really is good enough. I’ve come to believe that the pursuit of perfection is the enemy of happiness.

COOPADUP

Accipiter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 8, 2017
    Hamilton County

The allure of the new generations of mini nines keeps people interested in the what's next.
    That little voice in your head is the force that makes your wallet open up and grab the next one.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Chasing the perfect carry gun has cost me many thousands of dollars and in the end, I still tend to carry what I had near the beginning mostly. Good enough really is good enough. I’ve come to believe that the pursuit of perfection is the enemy of happiness.

Yeah, it's been the same with me. Back several years ago when I decided to get into shooting, I bought a M&P 9. Then I spent the next 5 years buying and selling just about every 9mm out there, both hammer fired and striker.

And here I am back to the M&P.:)

And it is very true that perfection is the enemy of happiness since perfection is an illusion. Except for my automotive customers.:):

Top Bottom