• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I just got a ZGrills from Black Friday, it's gonna be 50° this Friday. Question to you pellet grill guys, is this warm enough to fire it up and do some ribs? I have a welding blanket and movers blanket to throw on it.

You'll be fine to let your grill go commando at that temp.;)

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I just got a ZGrills from Black Friday, it's gonna be 50° this Friday. Question to you pellet grill guys, is this warm enough to fire it up and do some ribs? I have a welding blanket and movers blanket to throw on it.

I cooked meatloaf on my Z-Grill at 400° last week when it was 28°. No issues at all holding temp.

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Nov 2, 2017
    LaPaz Junction
    I have some fresh cut hickory I would share with someone or two. Less than a rank but 4 to 5' pieces. All limb with the larger pieces hollow. Easy access in my yard. PM and we'll make arrangements

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Whoo Hoo, Grilla Kong will be delivered this Thursday, just setup the appointment!

Congrats! You are going to love it!

If you do Facebook, join the My Grilla Grill group. Lots of info there. I've had the Kong for about a year, and you can feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Freebird01

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    I am not on ingo much but i do lurk from time to time...

Decided to smoke the turkey and finish it in the deep fryer this year for thanks giving...
    20201126_135800.jpg
    20201126_151947.jpg

Holy cow was it amazing! So good my wife went and bought another turkey for me to cook

Wbayne

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2019
    Madison
    Tried out a breakfast fatty this morning!
    accad7972ed9559100e131270618f08b.jpg

842313d72513aef8d04f808ea355b2c3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Congrats! You are going to love it!

If you do Facebook, join the My Grilla Grill group. Lots of info there. I've had the Kong for about a year, and you can feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Thank You for the advice, joined and already lusting over the information. Kong delivered just now, boxed in garage. Hopefully get together soon, but heading to Mountains for some relaxation and hiking time.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Made a couple pork loins for lunch today. Grilled to internal temp of 150 degrees then rested in a cooler for about 45 minutes. They were so juicy and tender. Made some mashed taters and a broccoli and cheese casserole to go with them.

[FONT=&quot]
    sSthasW.jpg

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    sBh0QCk.jpg

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    pDQAX4H.jpg
    [/FONT]

Last edited:

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Decided to hit the Amish store down the load and load on some cheese. Gouda, cheddar, pepperjack, and horseradish white cheddar...

1dTdFTml.jpg

OLJcYTGl.jpg

On the RecTec control, you can run it in "test" mode. This allows you to run each component of the grill separately; auger, igniter, fan, and probes. I thought I'd need to run the fan to keep the pellet tube lit, but it was a windy day so it burned fine. I did run the probes to keep an eye on the temps...

kwhMy6zl.jpg

Temps ran from low 70s to about 110 on the "actual". That's the grill probe close to where I set the pellet tube. I set the two meat probes on either side of the cheese. They never got above 75. Packaged it all up and put it the fridge. Now, we wait.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Decided to hit the Amish store down the load and load on some cheese. Gouda, cheddar, pepperjack, and horseradish white cheddar...

1dTdFTml.jpg

OLJcYTGl.jpg

On the RecTec control, you can run it in "test" mode. This allows you to run each component of the grill separately; auger, igniter, fan, and probes. I thought I'd need to run the fan to keep the pellet tube lit, but it was a windy day so it burned fine. I did run the probes to keep an eye on the temps...

kwhMy6zl.jpg

Temps ran from low 70s to about 110 on the "actual". That's the grill probe close to where I set the pellet tube. I set the two meat probes on either side of the cheese. They never got above 75. Packaged it all up and put it the fridge. Now, we wait.

I can't wait to try this, what flavor pellet did you use and how long?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom