• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DEC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Angola
    A good friend of mine, Jim, called me last night and said "Hey tomorrow is the only day that I can go out hunting. Do you want to come along and film and call one in for me?" Now, knowing the location and the amazing backdrop that his ground has ... I was ALL IN. 3:45 am wake up call and as the sun came up the woods erupted to an a level of gobbling that exceeded the cumulation of gobbles that I had heard all season. This bird in particular was roosted on an edge 75 yards from us. I watched him fly down and then go into the woods to chase down some ladies. 45 minutes later I hit the call to test the waters and he gobbled hard just inside the woods. A minute later he was standing across the pond next to us, strutting and gobbling. Over the next 10 minutes he walked all the way around the pond to get to our setup. At 25 yards, Jim let his 12 gauge eat. A great bird with 1 1/4" hooks. Such a fun morning out there with my long time dear friend.

PXUK0k4.jpg

uh10k6d.jpg

ubcBkei.jpg

95QDTz7.jpg

vdXtPft.jpg

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    Turkey season for me was a bust. I was only able to hunt 8 mornings and the closest I got was on a traveling turkey. I got in front of him and let him come in without calling to him. He was gonna pass me out of sight below me so I made a short series of quiet yelps. He turned to his left and came up to ~50 yards and gobbled. I still could not see him through the brush. Next thing I know he is down the hill going away. Oh well. This season was weird. Very little gobbling and the birds that would answer would typically walk away. I did not see the numbers of birds out and about like normal either. Hopefully I will have better luck this fall.
    On a positive note. I had a male Bobwhite Quail walk past my setup @ about 6 feet. I have not seen one of those in years and very rarely hear them anymore.

yetti462

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 18, 2016
    Unglaciated heaven
    twas a weird season filled with bad luck. Had deer spook birds twice in first 3 days and dumba$$ me, didn't put my dogs up one morning and had my feist trail me and spook the gobbler that was 50yds and closing fast. Last week of season the birds were done, no gobbling nearest bird maybe 1/2 mile away.

My boy got him one and that made my season.

Top Bottom