• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    I didn't. But seemed the birds were really in it alot. Id definitely follow more seasoned food plot growers

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Did you have to spray them for them to be dead / dropping seeds in time?
    The DNR mows strips through their sunflower fields just prior to dove season opening. I would assume most others do something similar. Neither spraying nor simply waiting for them to drop are likely to work as well as mechanically knocking the them down.

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    I sure wish I had mine built in sections…. Lol I’m using those elevator brackets and 10’ 4x4 but then after I get it up…. I am going to have some SERIOUS tree work since I’m sure the view will be greatly obstructed with the new angle.
    Four walls, a floor and four pieces for the roof. I'll put roll roofing on it to finish it up. All repainted and ready to go.
    I trimmed some lanes already but still have to pile up the cuttings to burn. Need a week off up there.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Sunflowers are coming up great. I saw some sprouts after only 4 days now they are everywhere glad this rain is coming so I don’t need a sprinkler yet

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Four walls, a floor and four pieces for the roof. I'll put roll roofing on it to finish it up. All repainted and ready to go.
    I trimmed some lanes already but still have to pile up the cuttings to burn. Need a week off up there.
    My next one I will build like that… this one was a learning curve. Things I need to change for sure it is WAY too tall for starters lol main window is too high oh well

ws6duramax

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Metamora
    I have my sunflower patch along the driveway prepped but not planted yet. Ran out of time and now looks like rain for a bit.

One of my powerline corn plots is done, still a couple more to take care of. Then it's on to some much needed shoot house maintenance. They were originally built out of sheets of T111 on the exterior, but the dam squirrels just love that $h!T . I need to either pull it all off and replace it or cover it with some metal . They have chewed hole in all 5 of them.
    20240428_115159.jpg Screenshot_20240507-124639_Gallery.jpg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2022
    South Bend
    Thanks for the offer I don’t know ANYTHING about ducks I am a self taught hunter / land manager lol and I’ve only been at it almost 10 years. Ducks are one of the few things I haven’t hunted in fact I think ducks quail and geese are the only Indiana species I do not hunt. Mainly because lack of knowledge and time.

do the ducks land in those field or are they planted by water??? Like I posted I am hoping to get a pond dug so maybe ducks will be in my future…..

Yeah man they hang out there near the water eating the bait. Just gotta get a shotgun and a good dog to grab them for you so you don’t have to spend time looking for every one you shoot out of the sky.

Haha I’m the opposite as you, I only hunt ducks and sometimes turkey. Easier to clean and transport. I’m too lazy to move and process an entire deer lol

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2022
    South Bend
    I have my sunflower patch along the driveway prepped but not planted yet. Ran out of time and now looks like rain for a bit.

One of my powerline corn plots is done, still a couple more to take care of. Then it's on to some much needed shoot house maintenance. They were originally built out of sheets of T111 on the exterior, but the dam squirrels just love that $h!T . I need to either pull it all off and replace it or cover it with some metal . They have chewed hole in all 5 of them.
    View attachment 351326 View attachment 351331

Squirrels ain’t anything a ruger 10/22 can’t handle my friend, just gotta be proactive (or in my case, bloodthirsty. I hate them and the groundhogs with a passion)

El Conquistador

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Jan 28, 2019
    far from here
    This is what I got done today, I built this 6X6 box on a hay wagon several years ago and now the wood on the wagon is rotting. The box was starting to lean, today I sunk four 4X4’s and secured the box to them. Later I will build a small deck with stairs. One of many things on my list for this year checked off.

Attachments

• IMG_3503.jpeg
      IMG_3503.jpeg
      287.6 KB · Views: 3
    • IMG_3504.jpeg
      IMG_3504.jpeg
      369.1 KB · Views: 3

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members