Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Last session review:

- Handgun Training for Teachers: Passed!

- Privacy Relating to Firearms (Feds can't go fishing on LTCH data: ) Passed!

- Joint Resolution (Constitutional Amendment proposal: changes "no bail crimes" : ) made stronger/more specific!

- Throwing Stars: now legal!!

2024:

- FIX NANTZ v STATE 2001!!! (Pointing a firearm in a self-defernse situation that doesn't rise to "deadly force is authorized" has been a felony in Indiana for over 20 years because two judges thought "inferring a possibility" was deadly force.) It's only passed the Senate three times!! Can't get a hearing in the House thanks to one Wendy McNamara, Chair of the Courts and Criminal Code Committee. Look for email fire to be concentrated on House Speaker Todd Huston since emailing ol' Wendy is a big waste of time.

- Banks/financial institutions that discriminate against gun owners/anything firearms related: no State contracts

BJHay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2019
    Crawfordsville
    You guys are doing great work. I went to my first legislative hearing last session and plan to do more this session.

Are there any thoughts toward a firearms freedom bill? I know it's pointless until SCOTUS recognizes the Commerce Clause but I'm hopeful the court will strike down the Chevron doctrine next session and then take the Texas silencer case.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    You guys are doing great work. I went to my first legislative hearing last session and plan to do more this session.

Are there any thoughts toward a firearms freedom bill? I know it's pointless until SCOTUS recognizes the Commerce Clause but I'm hopeful the court will strike down the Chevron doctrine next session and then take the Texas silencer case.
    It is addictive!

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

I’ve been a hand full of times. During the CC debate was the first time I got the courage to actually speak up. Like most other things, once you get that first one behind you, it makes it easier to step up again.

loudgroove

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2023
    Lagrange Indiana
    I had one when I was a kid that I bought on vacation down south. Never really played with it much and not sure what ever happened to it. Realized after I was an adult that they were illegal. It didn't have any type of edge on it. Maybe that's why my parents let me get it. I would throw it at my dad's building and never could get it to stick. So it was no fun and I lost interest! lol

BJHay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2019
    Crawfordsville
    I’ve been a hand full of times. During the CC debate was the first time I got the courage to actually speak up. Like most other things, once you get that first one behind you, it makes it easier to step up again.
    I couldn't agree more. My first trip was just finding my way around and getting a feeling for the process. Hopefully, I'll have something worthwhile to say when I go back.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Repeal the Ballistic Knives ban!

Also legalize having car lots open on Sunday, for @KellyinAvon
    The ballistic knife ban repeal, I can get onboard. I had three bills other than the throwing star bill that I was there for last session, depending on what is on the docket I may be able to make it for that one.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I can't wait until the session gets going. I am itching to turn my wise arse energy towards trolling some politicians on here again. (Rather then messing with people about McRib and Pineapple Pizza, both which rock by the way)

When do they post the docket of bills?

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Id be happy if my new reps actually emailed back. Think my email is on a blocked list now

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I can't wait until the session gets going. I am itching to turn my wise arse energy towards trolling some politicians on here again. (Rather then messing with people about McRib and Pineapple Pizza, both which rock by the way)

When do they post the docket of bills?
    That’s what I’m talking about!!

Bills will start hitting the website shortly after session begins. Maybe one or two we will hear something about before. They are actually read (first reading) and assigned to committee.

Magyars

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Delaware County Freehold
    I would like to see something along the lines of 2nd ammendment sanctuary state.....

loudgroove

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2023
    Lagrange Indiana
    Hoping to see something done about property taxes...but with our tax hu get republican legislatiors theyll just make it worse
    I agree. All government (federal, state and local) is taxing us too much. We are expected to live within our means, and I personally don't know of anyone that can walk up to their boss at work and say "You are now paying me this much to do this job"! I lived in Tn for 14 years and I have to say that their state tax system is much better. There is no state income tax but a higher sales tax. The people that spend more does pay more taxes. I feel that is fairer. You don't have the state taking out income taxes from your check, so there isn't a burden on lower income families. But this is just my 2 cents on it.

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    I agree. All government (federal, state and local) is taxing us too much. We are expected to live within our means, and I personally don't know of anyone that can walk up to their boss at work and say "You are now paying me this much to do this job"! I lived in Tn for 14 years and I have to say that their state tax system is much better. There is no state income tax but a higher sales tax. The people that spend more does pay more taxes. I feel that is fairer. You don't have the state taking out income taxes from your check, so there isn't a burden on lower income families. But this is just my 2 cents on it.
    Pretty sure thats becoming more and more of our thinking. But we always get the lying politicians who say they understand our burden. But then they get in there and just tax us more. The proptax is the most evil in my opinion

loudgroove

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2023
    Lagrange Indiana
    Pretty sure thats becoming more and more of our thinking. But we always get the lying politicians who say they understand our burden. But then they get in there and just tax us more. The proptax is the most evil in my opinion
    I whole heartedly agree with that. The year after the lock down. The commie Nashville mayor raised the property taxes by 23%. He killed the tourist industry with his lock downs and was busted hiding positive numbers to keep us locked down. And the city was running out of money. But he wanted some sensitivity officers to police the police. I'm sure some kind of BS like that is coming here.

Top Bottom