• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ws6duramax

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Metamora
    This is the first youth season I've had without my kids or family members to take. Looks like I get to take one of my neighbors boys tomorrow morning!

I sat out this morning to scout and seen 3 Jake's and a strutted. I got this picture tonight, right in front of the blind. Hopefully he'll be around in the am. Screenshot_20240419-204906_Message+.jpg

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    This is the first youth season I've had without my kids or family members to take. Looks like I get to take one of my neighbors boys tomorrow morning!

I sat out this morning to scout and seen 3 Jake's and a strutted. I got this picture tonight, right in front of the blind. Hopefully he'll be around in the am. View attachment 347873
    Good luck, hope you get the boy a bird!

ws6duramax

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Metamora
    Any youth hunters out there have any luck today? Seemed to be a good morning to be hunting.
    We had 3 kids go out , 1 with a kill, nice gobbler.

My group and the other seen Tom's and Jake's but couldn't get them to come in range. Awesome morning, lots of action and tons of gobbling. Trying it again in the morning

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    9hr round trip… my girls got invited on a turkey hunt at 8am Saturday morning….. so we shot league trap all day Saturday came home packed left for a hotel by Cincinnati (Indiana side though)…. Got 4 hours of sleep!

Then drove to meet our “turkey guides” friends we made in the area…… my oldest said she was gonna shoot whatever came out and she did got a Jake (with a Tom trailing behind but she wanted her first turkey on the ground and wouldn’t wait) I was with my youngest and we had ALOT of action but nothing came out….. tried several spots and properties. Nothing.

Then we found a local trap range oldest shot her first Calcutta and won $30 youngest decided she would go try one last spot for the evening hunt with our friend. I stayed behind to watch trap because the blind was smaller. Then about 1hr later I get a pic! Youngest got a double bearded Tom!

Then we came back and shot some trap games and we started our drive home. Kinda bitter sweet for me…. These are the first critters that my kids got WITHOUT me and now I am known as the bad luck guy for turkeys lol. And my kids got a turkey before me. All in all great weekend both of my kids got their first wild turkeys and lifelong friendships are being made. Ohio county**

Attachments

• IMG_7716.png
      IMG_7716.png
      3.7 MB · Views: 10
    Last edited:

El Conquistador

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Jan 28, 2019
    far from here
    First time turkey hunting for me this year. Out before daylight sitting in a fence row watching my field and my neighbors field that I have the hunting rights to. Watching a big Tom coming my way about 80 yards away, all of a sudden I hear what sounds like an airplane landing behind me. The Tom takes off back where he came from, I look behind me and here comes a giant sprayer spraying the fields. Great, I decide to go to my bottom field to an elevated box blind to hunt, as I am coming up to it 2 hens and a Tom standing 20 yards from the blind take off.
    This is how my first day of turkey hunting is going.

Top Bottom