• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Touche. That's why I led off with don't we think the average moral character of our youth has declined?
    So don't you think that we should try to figure out a way to change that? Instead of removing more rights from a group of people. These youth that don't know how to deal with life are that way for a reason, that's what needs to be fixed

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It's never a good idea to paint any group with a broad brush. It is even worse to judge a group of people on the evil actions of one demented individual. BTW, 18 year olds are restricted from purchasing handguns by federal law. So gun store purchases by this group are prohibited.
    People who use sprayers instead of brushes, are lazy.

To broad? :):

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    So don't you think that we should try to figure out a way to change that? Instead of removing more rights from a group of people. These youth that don't know how to deal with life are that way for a reason, that's what needs to be fixed
    And conservatives know what to do and want to fix it but those that love evil are stopping those fixes…

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I owned a gun at 6? I had a gun rack hanging above my bed with a .22, 20 gauge, and a .410 when I was 13.

I got in fights. I had girls break up with me and cheat on me. You know how many times I thought about shooting someone? 0. Not once. I’ve met 6 year olds I’d trust with a firearm more than some 30 year olds I’ve met.
    Yeah, man. But you graduated. I assume. I mean. Think about if you hadn't. Surely every person who doesn't graduate with their class must want to shoot up an elementary school. That's just normal behavior regardless of parenting. And their grandma. Stupid bitch for calling AT&T about his phone. How annoying.

HoosierLife

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Greenwood
    No.

I think the moral character of our families have declined. I think children are, generally speaking, innocent and a product of their environment. So, inadvertently, you are correct. But, it isn’t the children, children just wanna play, laugh, and have fun. Parents are lazy, so they sit their kid in front of a tv or Xbox, feed them pills to make them calm, and ignore them, then wonder why they grow to be a **** head.

100%. The destruction of the family unit is our number 1 problem. Absentee fathers for the most part.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I know plenty of "conservatives" that have a hard time placing the blame in the right spot because of feelings.
    It's really easy for some people to start thinking, well, if he hadn't had access to that gun, this wouldn't have happened. They think that because people know that they can get these firearms relatively easy--an AR-15 is just a rifle--that makes getting even in this way attractive. So maybe ban the scary ones.

C'mon. I almost think this was about high score. Would he have thought to shoot up an elementary school if some other wackjob looking for high score hadn't done it first? This sounds like his motive was getting even with society because he didn't graduate with his class. Probably never had a roll model tell him he's responsible for his own successes and don't expect society owes it to you.

I think the way to stop this **** is to 1) not spray it all over the airwaves and internet. But 2) along with that, arm the public (with responsible people of course) and make sure these mother****ers get dead before they get too far into it.

If all they have to base their fantasy revenge on is an inglorious death, after which everyone forgets their names, because they never get mentioned, I think their revenge fantasy would be something else besides mass shootings. But no one important will listen to me about how to fix it.

HoosierLife

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Greenwood
    You seem to be arguing both sides here. I chalk that up to try and rationalize your thinking, but some of these statements seem contradictory to me.

Maybe. Maybe not. Obviously it depends on the individual.

This is quite the broad brush you're painting with. I'd say teens "surrounded by violence and wickedness of every sort" would be a tiny fraction of all teens across the country.

Again, you are assuming all teens are troubled. Even if that were true (it's not) do all of the issues you list simply disappear when someone hits 21?

What difference does it make if a kid was given a gun or if they bought it themself?
    Didn't one of the recent school shooters (Michigan maybe) commit his murders with a handgun his parents had bought for him?

Did teens just start becoming emotional post 1950?

You recognize gun grabbers want to infringe and will take any compromise and push for more. Raising the age to buy a gun to 21 is one of those infringements and compromises they will run with.

All of this is true and the REAL issue. None of these root causes get addressed by raising the age to purchase to 21.
    I'm definitely playing devil's advocate and arguing both sides.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    No.

I think the moral character of our families have declined. I think children are, generally speaking, innocent and a product of their environment. So, inadvertently, you are correct. But, it isn’t the children, children just wanna play, laugh, and have fun. Parents are lazy, so they sit their kid in front of a tv or Xbox, feed them pills to make them calm, and ignore them, then wonder why they grow to be a **** head.
    if the children are innocent and a product of their environment, at what point do they assume responsibility? Ever? Is there something magical about reaching a certain age or maturity that should dissolve their moral faults? Is there a point at which they can know that they're doing wrong? I think of it a bit more in terms of cause/effect. Immoral breading breads immorality. But that kid owns his own behavior at some point. And I think for him personally it's before he pulled the trigger on his Grandma. Being raised in a ****** family (I assume that he was, but mostly by circular reasoning) doesn't make him innocent.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I vote we take these school shooters and peel 1/4" strips of skin starting from the top of their heads to their toes. Peel one strip nice and slow each day until they expire. No meds, no bandages, no mercy. Chain them to a pole and broadcast the peel every day on prime time television.

An eye for an eye. If you want to act like a coward and turn your personal misery into unbearable mourning for innocent children you deserve nothing even remotely resembling mercy. Matter of fact, I'll change my earlier suggestion so that once a 1/4" strip of skin has been peeled off, we should shower them with rubbing alcohol, you know to prevent infections.

When you drive out the decent, intelligent and willing to sacrifice for the good of others officers you end up with people wearing badges who will stand outside and listen to kids being murdered rather than risk their lives in an attempt to intervene.

None of this **** is coincidental nor are we seeing unintended consequences.

Too much daily effort.

Scaphism would be my vote.

HoosierLife

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Greenwood
    Well I know the way we can do that. The Gospel and get back to America's roots. I'll try with me and mine, but the general public is on a different path.

Laws are made for law breakers. Think I literally read a verse about that this morning.

Either way, who was it that said our type of government was only meant for a moral people. Wholly inadequate for anything else. Something like that.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    And also apply to the age at which one can be drafted/conscripted.
    Came here to say that. You cant have your cake and eat it too.

If they are too immature to buy a gun, they are too immature to control a million dollar piece of military gear, work around a reactor, hump a pig/saw/Javelin, etc.

And no federally backed student loans, either. Allowing someone who lacks maturity and self control to take on that much debt is immoral.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    Although at age 18 I would have fought the idea, I think based on personal experience that 2 years mandatory service would go far in helping our youth (would possibly have kept me from wasting 5 years of my youth wondering what I wanted to be when I grew up). Many avenues for this to occur (armed services, peace corps, resurrect the civilian conservation corps, etc.) but all would provide structure, discipline and help young people get through a very tumultuous age. It would also teach the value of giving back and the value of hard work and a $. No exceptions, find something for everyone. Heck, we might even find some of these lost souls and get them help or removed from society before they can kill innocents. Once service has been rendered, we can then talk to them about what to do with the rest of their lives, government backed school and trade assistance, further service…

Just my :twocents:

Edit: And include mandatory firearms training for all!

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Gun control legislation has been around for a long time, ask yourselves if things are any better.

I was asked today what would make the shootings stop and I said if you repeal the entire constitution forever and send the army to every home in America to turn the place upside down searching for guns, collect them all and melt them, people will still be shot. Gun control is the dream of fascists.

Top Bottom