• ...and so much more!
  • sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    Yeah the Savage 24. 22 over 410.

I shot cans with the 22 side. I got a box of shells every day. Grandpa only gave me one 410 slug for special purpose. I carried that gun every day while exporing the northern Minnesota woods near Goodland, MN.

Grandpa put me on overwatch while the women were picking blueberries in August. He said "if you see the bear coming, shoot it in the head". It made me feel important, but I am pretty sure Grandma had a 44 magnum pretty close by.

Ain't no way Grandma would rely on a 8 or 9 year old boy to save her butt....But I felt important anyway..

1959/1960 or so....Wow, the memories.

I can still smell that gun.....I wish I had one.

drobpk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    Indy and South Florida
    Thanks for sharing this.
    I remember when I was a kid, my dad took me rabbit hunting, and when we found one, he told me to line up the sight and fire, but I was so afraid of the recoil, I missed at point blank range and the rabbit got away. . . .how could that be so many years ago?

johng401

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Savage Model 24

I still have my Savage Model 24 .22/.410 that my Dad bought for me in the mid 1950's. It is in excellent condition.

wabash

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    SouthWest Indiana
    springfield had a .22/.410 comination gun for several years. it was more of a survival-gun style, though.

look on gunbroker for springfield M-6 , AND springfield M6

sakima

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    New Albany, IN
    22/410

My cousin had an old Savage when we were kids (also in the 60's). I borrowed it one day for some squirrel hunting. He had a hard time getting it back!

I picked up a SS Springfield M-6 a few years back. It's designed as a survival gun. I works for the designed purpose, but it just ain't the same...if you know what I mean.:twocents:

Top Bottom