• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Picked up two bricks of thunderbolts at Dunhams yesterday. $26.99/brick or $0.057/round. There were four more bricks on the shelf. I left them behind due to the two-brick limit. There were several 100 rd boxes of Winchester at $0.10/rd but these were higher quality rounds. Limit four boxes/customer. They would not let my grandson, age ten, buy bricks or boxes, so I had to abide by the limits. :dunno:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Picked up two bricks of thunderbolts at Dunhams yesterday. $26.99/brick or $0.057/round. There were four more bricks on the shelf. I left them behind due to the two-brick limit. There were several 100 rd boxes of Winchester at $0.10/rd but these were higher quality rounds. Limit four boxes/customer. They would not let my grandson, age ten, buy bricks or boxes, so I had to abide by the limits. :dunno:

Those that support the flea market vultures (and INGO classifieds flippers) support the continuation of these sort of limitations and restrictions.

funeralweb

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Earth/East Central I

Richmond's Dunhams had 5 bricks of T-bolts on Friday for that price. They limit 1 brick per visit. Haven't seen bricks there in 2 years. I don't need any so I left it on the shelf after staring at it for a while like I was looking at Bigfoot or something.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Point Blank still has some Thunderbolt for plinking and two types of more expensive target ammo. TAC-22 @ $7.99 /100 & SuperX for $9.99 /100. I have not seen SuperX for about a year. Last time I found some was at Rural King for $6.99 /100. It can group really close to 1 MOA from my 10/22.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Hey, if anyone knows of any place that actually has Winchester Wildcat, I'd definitely go on a Blues Brothers style "Mission From God" trip to get a brick or two.
    My 39A does its best with those.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    If it's Thunderbolts is it really a glut?

Thunderbolts aren't exactly premium ammo, but they're a far cry better than PMC, Remington Golden Bullet, or tons of other ammo out there.
    Besides, a given gun may very well print nice tiny groups with it, even as another doesn't.
    I see it all the time at the range.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Thunderbolts aren't exactly premium ammo, but they're a far cry better than PMC, Remington Golden Bullet, or tons of other ammo out there.
    Besides, a given gun may very well print nice tiny groups with it, even as another doesn't.
    I see it all the time at the range.
    Hmm, first time I've ever heard that. My experience with them has been poor. Could not get them to function consistently in any of my guns. Nearly every other post I ever read on them confirmed that, until now. :dunno:

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Hmm, first time I've ever heard that. My experience with them has been poor. Could not get them to function consistently in any of my guns. Nearly every other post I ever read on them confirmed that, until now. :dunno:

Not disputing you here, but by not function, do you mean failing to cycle the action on a semi-auto, more than likely the ubiquitous 10/22?
    I've shot a bit of it over the years, all of it through my 39A, and my brother through his BL-22, and neither of us had a single failure.
    I still prefer Winchester Wildcats, and my experience is purely anecdotal, and probably limited to around 500-1000 rounds fired, so this could be wrong.

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage

Both of my P22's preferred thunderbolts over anything that ran through them. My son's plinkster was the same way. The old Stevens bolt action seemed to be "tin can accurate" as much with thunderbolts as anything else

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    Takes a lot of nads to be a parasite like that and still look people in the eye?

But it's OK for the top 1/2 of 1% to take an ever-larger share of the fruits of our economy? How can an executive who is paid tens of millions while he cuts pay and/or sends jobs overseas look people in the eye?

It amuses me that the free market is treated with such reverence while it concentrates power into fewer and fewer hands and destroys the middle class, but it is derided when it causes us to pay a few more pennies for plinking ammo.

invent11

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 11, 2015
    Fishers
    No- Shortage is everywhere. Just went to gun shows in Florida and North Carolina and it is the same. Gander Mountain in Castleton, IN has them every Friday morning if you want to get up early and be there when they open.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    But it's OK for the top 1/2 of 1% to take an ever-larger share of the fruits of our economy? How can an executive who is paid tens of millions while he cuts pay and/or sends jobs overseas look people in the eye?

It amuses me that the free market is treated with such reverence while it concentrates power into fewer and fewer hands and destroys the middle class, but it is derided when it causes us to pay a few more pennies for plinking ammo.

And the award for biggest class envy non-sequitur goes to...

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

:wrongdoor:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Not disputing you here, but by not function, do you mean failing to cycle the action on a semi-auto, more than likely the ubiquitous 10/22?
    I've shot a bit of it over the years, all of it through my 39A, and my brother through his BL-22, and neither of us had a single failure.
    I still prefer Winchester Wildcats, and my experience is purely anecdotal, and probably limited to around 500-1000 rounds fired, so this could be wrong.

Yes, lots of FTF in 10/22's, Ruger MkIII's and Marlin model 60's. The problems seemed to be associated with hot guns, hot weather and the waxy bullet lube used by Remington. Appleseeds and steel matches were disrupted by trying to get Thunderbolts to work in our guns. :dunno:

:wrongdoor:

So you're the guy selling ammo at the flea markets, eh?

Last edited:
    Top Bottom