• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • walleyepw

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Picked up 100 rds sleeve if Winchester at Walmart in Clinton on Friday evening for $7. Was over in Greenwood on Saturday and found they had 100 rnd sleeves of Winchester also for $7 each. I haven't seen any for around a month or so before that.

Win52C

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Lawrence County
    There is no 22 shortage. At the 1500 last weekend virtually every ammo seller. And most other tables had it for sale, at somewhat inflated prices but not as much as it had been. Also. I saw it on the shelf in no less than 3 different stores in my area today. The shortage is over. What people are complaining about now is the price. It will come down. Slowly. But I doubt it ever returns to pre panic prices, not anytime soon anyway... Retailers are not dumb. IMHO

Reno316

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    Muncie
    I have yet to find any at what I would call a fair price. The prices on .22 at the gun show were ridiculous. $50+ for a 550 box is nuts.

I said the same thing about $1.19/gallon gas a few years ago.

I fear we've seen the end of the $25/500+ round 22 ammo. It's gone, probably for good.

And we've only ourselves to blame.

jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End
    I remember 50 rd. boxes of .22 LR selling for $ .49, and farm kids coming into the hardware store buying 5 or 10 rounds at a time 2 cents each. .22 shorts were a penny each.

Pharaoh

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2015
    Indianapolis
    I get that the days of $19.99 boxes is over, but I would hope that market demand would force the prices back down. That is, if you can get people to stop hoarding every round they can get their hands on.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Yep, I'd hate to support the gougers.
    Nothing wrong with a business making money, but the market should not support those who take advantage of their clientele. :twocents:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I don't pay any more than what I think it's worth. Cabela's had a ton of CCI Mini-mags but they wanted $8.99/100 rd sleeve. I'll pay 8, maybe 8.50, but unless I'm in desperate, immediate need, I'm passing on 9. They can sit on the shelf or let someone else buy them up for that. Same with bulk. I'll pay, maybe $25, depending on what it is. Higher than that and I'll just pass on it.

Value drives the market. It's only worth what we're willing to pay. They'll mark it down when it's been sitting on the shelf too long.

DWT

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2015
    Brazil
    There's a shortage of reasonably priced 22LR. And 22 shorts are even more expensive, when I can find them.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Gander Mtn had some 325rnd boxes for $22 the other day. Not reasonable by pre panic standards but is what it is

nad63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Local Wallmart had both CCI 100 round for $7.97 and Winchester 36 gr hollow point 333 count for $17. I bought one box of the 333 and moved on. Spread the love. There were multiples of each remaining. They had plenty of other ammo in all the usual calibers too.

EthanR9

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 10, 2015
    Fort Wayne
    I was talking to a friend I work with about .22 ammo and another coworker chimed in with his opinion of the government throwing all the .22 ammo in the ocean... I tried not to laugh and just kind of walked away! haha! anyways. No I don't think it's true that the "shortage" is just in Indiana. I have heard people say it quite a few times but I've also heard the opposite. People think because they stopped at Cabelas on their way back to Indiana in whatever state and just happened to have some .22 left on the shelf that it means that whole state is piled high with .22. I always hear "they had a whole shelf full of .22!" and yeah ok so a whole shelf full so if it's bricks of 500 a "shelf full" might be 20 bricks? Maybe 30? even at 30 bricks that's only 15,000 rounds. Manufacturers claim they're running 24/7 on rimfire and doing at least 20 million rounds per day. That means that's 30/40,000 bricks for one day. Just my opinion and probably illogical thinking but hey, my two cents

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    I was talking to a friend I work with about .22 ammo and another coworker chimed in with his opinion of the government throwing all the .22 ammo in the ocean... I tried not to laugh and just kind of walked away! haha! anyways. No I don't think it's true that the "shortage" is just in Indiana. I have heard people say it quite a few times but I've also heard the opposite. People think because they stopped at Cabelas on their way back to Indiana in whatever state and just happened to have some .22 left on the shelf that it means that whole state is piled high with .22. I always hear "they had a whole shelf full of .22!" and yeah ok so a whole shelf full so if it's bricks of 500 a "shelf full" might be 20 bricks? Maybe 30? even at 30 bricks that's only 15,000 rounds. Manufacturers claim they're running 24/7 on rimfire and doing at least 20 million rounds per day. That means that's 30/40,000 bricks for one day. Just my opinion and probably illogical thinking but hey, my two cents

It's funny you said that. After hearing there was 22 ammo in basically all other states except Indiana from two different gun shops in the same day really got to me. Stinking rumors.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Think .22lr is scarce? I just won a Henry lever action rifle in .22mag.
    It's like searching for a quality Bryco/Jennings, or a pretty Glock.

jstory

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2015
    Wabash
    Think .22lr is scarce? I just won a Henry lever action rifle in .22mag.
    It's like searching for a quality Bryco/Jennings, or a pretty Glock.

Agreed...selling off my 22 mag. I haven't seen any CCI maxi mags for several years except for $20 a box at gun shows.

Top Bottom