• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ejevans45

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    Porter County
    So I went to Bass Pro today to pick up some .22 ammo and the guy behind the counter tells me to get it while I can because they are going to stop making .22 ammo. I tell him there is no way they will stop making the ammo due to all of the firearms in the market that take the round. He says that the ammo makers and firearms manufacturers are creating a new round and want you to buy that so they aren't going to make .22 LR any more and force you to buy conversion barrels for your current guns. I looked at him and said I don't believe you. He just walked away.
    What the hell???

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Are you sharing the story out of disbelief that you would be told such a thing, or because you want to check the accuracy?

The answer will greatly affect my sarcastic mocking.

ejevans45

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    Porter County
    I am just in disbelief that someone would spread such an obviously false tale. There are people that go to gun stores to get their info and if these are the kind of things people are being told it's no wonder the country is circling the drain.

possum_128

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Martinsville area
    Not all gun salesman are not like that, customers come in with tales also. In the past two days I have heard that the lifetime license is going away by three customers, two customers said they don't need a license to carry loaded in their vehicles in Indiana ( said it was ok sense this past June) and three who said they could not file for their ltch because of the government shut down. Yes I did let them know they were wrong and yes I know about the transport law in effect last June.

Stupid is everywhere.

Joe G

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    SE Indiana
    doh.gif

tk71

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    ECI
    22 ammo is in my belief at its peak in demand why in the world would someone quit making a product everyone wants. Some people are so full of it. I overheard someone say that during the government shutdown they were going to stop selling ammo lol. When someone says something like that I find a new place to shop.

Vamptepes

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2013
    Eagledale
    yep .22lr is going away. Look they have .22mag and .17hmr. Did that stop it? Nope. 7.62x54r has been in service since 1891. One of the few rimmed rounds left that are active and it's still going. I think .22 is here to stay too.

Top Bottom