• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FERLACH

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    Plainfield
    I agree with traderdan. Remington 510, 511, 512 series are far underpriced for the quality of gun you get. All steel, well made, super accurate, great trigger, and usually under $200.00 for a nice one.

harmonn@att.net

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    Ruger makes 10/22 Magnum that is bolt action I believe. I'm actually looking into that gun myself. With that said, Savage makes great guns as well. Either one, you can not go wrong.

Best Regards,

thegeez

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 5, 2010
    Northeast Indiana
    I'd go for the Savage-I've owned some and you just can't beat them for the price=they are VERY accurate and reliable.I would suggest you check out the upcoming INDY 1500 gun show at the fairgrounds and I bet you can find a good deal.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    I have the Mark II BV.

It looks better in person than in pictures. It's also MOA accurate or better, sometimes much better, at 50 yards.

It's a bit heavy for squirrel hunting.

I paid $235 a few years back for mine.

forkliftdave

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    madison
    Savage makes a good one. Try a nice used 22 and a couple thousand rounds of ammo. If he is just plinking under 50 yards or so. Most name brands will do a good job.

harmonn@att.net

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    I just purchase a Savage Mark II G, but have not found the time to shoot the beast. Have heard nothing bad about them. The gun is pre-Accu trigger too. I would look into an old bolt action Winchester, say model 67 or 69.

Best Regards,

winstonsmith84

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2011
    Middletown
    I've still got my first rifle, a Winchester 67. Dad bought it for me for $50 out of a barrel of rifles at a flea market in Texas when I was about 10. While I don't think it would qualify as a tack driver by any means, hundreds of ground squirrels would disagree.

Top Bottom