• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    Whats your guys experiences with these? I have a friend with a ceiner one, factory mag, and 4 bulldog 30 rounders for $200. I'm wanting a supressor platform, and seems like this would make a great practice rifle.

swmp9jrm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2008
    NCO
    I've got a Spike's kit that is pretty decent. It's not 100% reliable, but good enough to have a little fun on the cheap.

JeremyVG

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Michigan City, IN
    My Ceiner kit is very good. I did have a magazine that gave me issues, and a call to JAC was less than friendly, so I discarded that mag and replaced it with Black Dogs from Brownells. It's flawless as long as it's kept reasonably clean.

jvg

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    My Ceiner kit is very good. I did have a magazine that gave me issues, and a call to JAC was less than friendly, so I discarded that mag and replaced it with Black Dogs from Brownells. It's flawless as long as it's kept reasonably clean.

jvg
    Yeah, JAC is an ***hole to say the least.

IMHO, if possible avoid his products just on the grounds of principle alone. But otherwise his product is decent; he's just a jerk, and you will get NO customer service if you have problems.

Digital_photog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2010
    Syracuse, IN
    I have a Ceiner, original mag and 3 black dog mags. Works excellent on my RRA with federal value pack ammo. only fair with Remington VP. We tried it on a friends gun. worked OK with occasional jams. not as good as on my gun. Still a fun toy and way to shoot a lot cheap. If I had the money to spend a dedicated upper would be nice.

Gaudard

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    Terre Haute
    I have a CMMG one, and it is pretty great! I've only put about 100 rounds through it but I didn't have any failures to feed. The magazine functioned well, though I was unable to get 26 rounds in it. The only thing that I don't like is it was really inaccurate, but it may need broke in, cleaned, or something like that.

Still pleased with the purchase, just won't be sniping many rodents...

STAG556

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    Indy
    I also have the CMMG conversion, Brownells only offered 1 mag back when I ordered it and now there shipping with 3 :xmad:

I heard about a lot of guys having some issues with the CMMG getting stuck in the chamber of their gun, so I took a few minutes before I took it out to the range to polish the entire conversion with 600 grit sand paper and some water and the issue never occurred. Initially I had an occasional double feed and a few fail to fires but all of those occurred within the first 100 rounds (Federal Bulk Pack 36gr HP). The next 400 rounds went flawlessly. Conversion would be a lot more fun with more than 1 mag, I tend to not use it very ofter because it just doesn't feel right putting those little 22's through my AR. Of course $320/1K feels a lot worse:ar15:

slow1911s

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Nordic Components will have a new AR upper out soon. It should be a real winner, addressing a lot of the shortcomings of other dedicated 22 uppers on the market.

bullitstang1313

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Columbus
    I've got the CMMG kit. I picked one up with 2 mags at the last Indy 1500 for $140. It loves the federal ammo. I haven't had any ftf with federal bulk pack ammo from Wally World. It didn't like the Remington golden's though. Shot some CCI stingers and velocitors just fine out of it. Accuracy out of my 16" 1:7 Carbine is far from great but it sure is fun switching out the bolt and then plinking away for a lot less $$$.

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Spend a little more on quality kit

Whats your guys experiences with these? I have a friend with a ceiner one, factory mag, and 4 bulldog 30 rounders for $200. I'm wanting a supressor platform, and seems like this would make a great practice rifle.

I have been told there are almost zero issues with the stainless steel kits. :twocents:

harrissr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    those .22 conversions are especially fun if you load a 165-275 round drum on them to shoot with our a and d am180 drum adapter. i will be offering a special price to the guys on this site coming up. these can be viewed on our distributors site:bazookabrothers.com there is an enhancement page for all of the .22 ar15 conversions whether drop in or complete upper on the site. this will tell you how to iimprove the function of your .22 ar15 regardless of what mag or manufacture you have. out of all of the .22 conversions on the market, the ones for the ar15's have the worst reliability, not because they won't work ,but in getting them to work on or in your gun do to the unbelievable tolerances and fit variations. many will run with different ammo types but cci minimags solids are the standard to get your unit running. if it won't run with the minimag solids reliably then you need to work with it until it will. polishing, ball detents , springs , etc are all included on the enhancement page. and if your gun won't run reliably in semi, don't expect it to do as well in f/a. the site is not working as it should ; just called the distributor and he is calling the web guy to get it going again , so just check back in a day or so for the enhancements.

harrissr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    ar 15 conversions

web site is up and running ; can view videos and checkout ar15 .22 enhancement page. can't view hk g3 .22 magazines yet but you can get what you need off of there now. bazookabrothers.com

Last edited:
    Top Bottom