• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    Will the targets at the 200 yrd range be bigger than the ones at the 165 yrd range? If so, do they still need to be knocked down or just hit?

To be determined.

We made up a target last year that was thin steel hung from a piece of tow strap. Quickly got nicknamed "the dancing turkey" because it responded well to a hit, settled back to neutral position in about 15 seconds, and didn't need to be knocked down to recognize a hit. Thus there would be no additional time to reset the target.

natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    How bout you figure out a reasonable target for everybody for 200, and I'll bring some spare 1/5 Chickens for Chaney? :):

-Nate

natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    Baahahaha!! Trouble is, I only have ONE little one. All the rest are so fat they'd be tough for even an old guy to miss!

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    In my experience, when two guys start talking smack, someone is about to get spanked!!:rockwoot:Maybe some grade A, extra large chicken eggs hung from fishline at unspecified yardage for a shootoff??? Sounds like bragging' rights to me.....

natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    Ahahaha!!

I'll try not to disappoint with the amount to which my butt gets kicked!! (But to be fair, he and I are both after a 40, and it would be totally awesome if he shot one!)

Rat is the kind of shooter you'd want on the other side of the foxhole covering your back.

natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    So I have some dumb questions, some of which I know the answers to:

How's anybody feel about the weather for Saturday?

What time does everything kick off again? Sign up versus sights versus match...

Are we still bag/ruck prone with no rear bag? I think so, but I know ya'll made some changes last year.

natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    Good deal...same-ish then.

You gonna make the trip for this one, poo-brain?

Weather looks not-awesome, but it beats hell out of staring at shotguns at the 1500. :)

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    As of 10pm Friday night, match is still on.

Weather forecast is cold & crappy, with 70% chance of rain around noon. Unless something drastic happens, we're still shooting.

Signup until 10:15, followed by shooters meeting and then sighters until 11am. We're going to have some new shooters, so there will be a Novice class. Clubhouse will be open if we need to take a short break and warm a bit. We set up targets tonight, so morning tasks will be minimal.

Any last minute questions, call me at 812-201-2285.
    Rich

Top Bottom