• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hbarnett1

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2009
    Hello,I have an older HS model 21s,on the barrel it says cal .22 lr,but the cylinder says .22 magnum.Can the .22 magnum bullets be used with the.22 lr barrel?I know that this is probably a dumb question,but I am not that familiar with the .22 magnum bullets,and I would rather be safe than sorry.Thanks for any info.....The gun is older but in good condition.Paid 50 bucks for it.just to do a little plinking around with.:dunno:

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Hello,I have an older HS model 21s,on the barrel it says cal .22 lr,but the cylinder says .22 magnum.Can the .22 magnum bullets be used with the.22 lr barrel?I know that this is probably a dumb question,but I am not that familiar with the .22 magnum bullets,and I would rather be safe than sorry.Thanks for any info.....The gun is older but in good condition.Paid 50 bucks for it.just to do a little plinking around with.:dunno:

They evidently came with two cylinders. Here is one on Auction Arms with both.

Revolvers For Sale - HS Model 21 S 22LR/22Mag Single Action - Auction: 7276997 (Ended 03/01/2006, 08:38:38 PST)

kan915

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2010
    Allen County
    there is a lot of guns that come with both cylinders. if you look at the 22 LR & 22 Mag rounds you'll find the bullets are the diameter. the difference is the case diameter. the 22 LR case is flush with the bullet and the 22 Mag bullet sits inside the case like anyother round does. they both use the same barrel. dont know why the barrel has just the 22 LR marking only on it.

Top Bottom