• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Yes, the Super Extra 40 gr high velocity is my favorite for cheap ammo. It shoots at least acceptably if not down right excellent in everything I own in 22. They also make a 38 gr hp that has shot almost as good as the 40 for me.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    PT Barnum was Right... All fools aren't Dead Yet. :lol2:

OP.
    Aguila 22LR Ammunition Super Maximum 1B222298 30 Grain Hyper Velocity Copper Plated Round Nose BRICK 500 rounds. Aguila ammunition features a wide variety of unique loads for special rimfire applications. Super Maximum is the fastest available 22 Long Rifle load at 1750 feet per second.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    not sure. I don’t use foreign made ammo.

Maybe you should expand your horizons. Much as as a lot of us don't like to admit it, things aren't like they were in the past. Unlike foreign makers, who kept quality up, most U.S. makers sacrificed quality at the alter of the all mighty dollar. When it comes to rimfire, the vast majority of foreign maker's ammo make U.S. made ammo looking like crap. Eley, SK, RWS, Lapua, their lowest grade ammo is as good as or better than the absolute best turned out by CCI, and that's the best domestic by far. Aguila is easily equal to CCI, and in many ways better. Armscor is about like Federal, useable at least. The only foreign made rimfire I can think of that is absolute junk is CI. It is (or was) a subsidiary of CCI.
    I've got some CCI in the ammo that I've been burning up and once it's gone, it's gone. No more for me. I'll stick to Aguila for cheap plinking, and Eley and SK for my more demanding need.

:ranton:

jrh84

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 9, 2009
    Columbus
    not sure. I don’t use foreign made ammo.

I'm all about supporting American made, but I'm not going to pretend that American .22 ammo holds a candle to Eley and Lapua.

Aguila seems to make good stuff. Their subsonic ammo shoots about as good as any I've found in my CZ 452. It's not high end, but it's also not $0.20/round either.

Top Bottom