• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Steell

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 10, 2013
    Eaton
    I was just scanning the ammo section of the classifieds, and noticed that all the 22LR sellers had less than 70 posts, most less than 60.

Makes me :scratch:

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Some people get their required 50 posts and then almost never post outside of the classifieds again. From the prices (well above retail) that some are charging, you can see what they really were looking for out of their INGO memberships.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    yeah but do you have to do a 4473...thats the only good thing about the classifieds if you dont want a paper trail..i.e. want to keep your guns after Hillary gets in office and congress becomes democrat controlled....high priced though..i agree...thats why its still there..let the market work guys...get over it

I don't have any guns any more, Occifer...
    boating-accident.jpg

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I've come to the conclusion that people just want to complain about ammo prices. There was a thread with a guy in my town who couldn't find any 22lr to buy. I sent him a pm saying I lived in the same town and would sell him a brick of federal bulk 550rd box for $20 which is what I had in it. He said he's think about it and I never heard back. There's lots of guys on here who are all worked up about not being able to buy ammo, but when they get the chance aren't interested in making a purchase.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    I've come to the conclusion that people just want to complain about ammo prices. There was a thread with a guy in my town who couldn't find any 22lr to buy. I sent him a pm saying I lived in the same town and would sell him a brick of federal bulk 550rd box for $20 which is what I had in it. He said he's think about it and I never heard back. There's lots of guys on here who are all worked up about not being able to buy ammo, but when they get the chance aren't interested in making a purchase.

20 for a 550 is a far cry from 50 to 60!!!!!!!......i'll take that 550 box for 20!!!

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    20 for a 550 is a far cry from 50 to 60!!!!!!!......i'll take that 550 box for 20!!!

If you were in Ft Wayne, I'd help you out. That offer to that guy was a month or two ago and he never got back with me. In a way I'm glad the guy never took me up on the offer because the panic has lasted longer than I thought it was going to. I'm still sitting good on 22lr ammo, but my pile has been going down for quite a while.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.

That gets back to what I've said in several threads. Too many people can't be bothered to lift a finger to help themselves, even in a group like this where you would hope that at least the average person is a little more proactive.

I've seen numerous threads from people complaining about not having anywhere to shoot and I've made countless offers to let select people shoot on my range, and to date I've not had anyone take me up on it, and only a very few even acknowledge that the offer was made. People like to complain.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Yeah, I saw one guy who posted a WTB for 22 a month ago. Now he's hawking $8 boxes of CCIs for $25 (I think). Coincidence?

I hope they lose their shirts.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Yeah, I saw one guy who posted a WTB for 22 a month ago. Now he's hawking $8 boxes of CCIs for $25 (I think). Coincidence?

I hope they lose their shirts.

Last fall when .223 brass was getting in short supply I decided to sell some of mine. A little higher than pre-panic prices, but at the same price reputable companies were advertising it for, except they were continually out of stock, and much less than it was going for on gunbroker. At the pre-panic prices it was too much trouble for me to sell, but as fellow gun owners were having trouble getting any and I have many hundreds of pounds of it, I decided to sell it in small lots and limiting how many lots I would sell to one person to prevent the gougers from flipping it- I wanted fellow reloaders to be able to get some and the price reflected what my time to deal with it all was worth. I had one low post count doofus ream me in PMs up one side and down the other for price gouging and how dare I charge what I was asking (about 20% more than pre-panic) and so on and so on and he wasn't going to buy from me, yadda yadda yadda. A few weeks later I saw the same doofus post an ad selling .223 brass for more than I had been asking...

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    I don't have any guns any more, Occifer...
    boating-accident.jpg

I do not know what guns anybody thinks I have. All of mine went down in lake superior with my bass boat!

Before everybody starts complaining about these posts in the classifieds, remember: if you don't like the price, don't buy it! There seems to be a double standard though. A month or so back, I remember seeing a popular dealer post that they had mini mag 100 round sleeves in stock, the price? 12.97 per. Thats not a good price, but there were over 10 members that praised them for how fair they are and so on. I am not defending the gouging, but we ought to hold dealers to the same standards for selling at the same prices as these people in the classifieds.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom