• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dave Doehrman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Anybody have some good sources for bulk 22 lr subsonic ammo? Looking to be in the under $50 for 500 rounds range. Thanks in advance.

I was using CCI Sub Sonic until I did some research and found that CCI Standard Velocity 40gr round nose is only moving at 1070 fps which is sub sonic as well. It is loaded to the same specs as CCI match ammo. It is very accurate and functions well in all my .22 cal weapons and shoots fine through my TAC-65 can.

Check with the site advertisers and vendors here on INGO. I found it at Dick's Sporting Goods for $25 for 500 rounds. I bought 5,000 rounds and they knocked another $15 off at the checkout counter.

Give it a try and see what you think. I love it and I'm thinking about another 5K to put in the ammo locker.

Last edited:

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    I was using CCI Sub Sonic until I did some research and found that CCI Standard Velocity 40gr round nose is only moving at 1070 fps which is sub sonic as well. It is loaded to the same specs as CCI match ammo. It is very accurate and functions well in all my .22 cal weapons and shoots fine through my TAC-65 can.

Check with the site advertisers and vendors here on INGO. I found it at Dick's Sporting Goods for $25 for 500 rounds. I bought 5,000 rounds and they knocked another $15 off at the checkout counter.

Give it a try and see what you think. I love it and I'm thinking about another 5K to put in the ammo locker.

Will the CCI standards stay subsonic in rifle length barrels?

Dave Doehrman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Will the CCI standards stay subsonic in rifle length barrels?

All the data for the round is listed out to 100 yards. I didn't see anything that says they only tested this in pistol length barrels, so I'm pretty sure the 1070 fps would be out of a test rifle barrel. The next time I go up to Youngs longshot Range, I'll run some through the chronograph to see what I get out of my Savage MK II and my suppressed 1911-22.

Here's a link to CCI's data page for the round: CCI Ammunition - Product Detail

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I use the CCI SV stuff as well. Although I don't have a can I can attest to it's accuracy and reliability. My friend likes the Remington Subsonic stuff but I've never had much luck with Remington in my semi autos.

jackadew

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    Washington Co.
    Anybody have some good sources for bulk 22 lr subsonic ammo? Looking to be in the under $50 for 500 rounds range. Thanks in advance.
    Are you looking for accuracy or something to just go pfffff? I like wolf match target and match extra in my 10/22, cz and savage. Some guns with Match chambers seem to like eley ammo best. Ammunition .22 LR :: Champion Shooters Supply LLC This is where i get most of my rimfire stuff...great guy to deal with and will answer any question you can come up with about .22's.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    For very good all around sub-sonic ammo at a good price, I too have to vote for CCI Standard Velocity in paper boxes as found at Dick's and elsewhere.

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    All the data for the round is listed out to 100 yards. I didn't see anything that says they only tested this in pistol length barrels, so I'm pretty sure the 1070 fps would be out of a test rifle barrel. The next time I go up to Youngs longshot Range, I'll run some through the chronograph to see what I get out of my Savage MK II and my suppressed 1911-22.

Id love to see your results from the Mark II. Thats actually what im planning on going with, so that would be great to see what speeds your getting from it.

And thanks for the link.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany

A while ago I chrono'd some CCI Standard Velocity in my Marvel Precision .22 coversion. I got 936 fps and 949 fps.

Ryan281

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Feb 28, 2012
    I have purchased Aguilla. 22 subsonic forn$28 at the 1500. It is very quiet and accurate in my rifles.

Ryan

Top Bottom