• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fpdshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Fishers
    Well, I've decided now is the time to buy a .22 LR suppressor. My question is which one? This is going to be a general use suppressor. It will be shot on pistols, semi-auto and bolt action rifles.

At this time I don't have a need for multi-caliber rated, but that may change in the future.

So what do you say?
    Chris

Nicu757

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 2, 2013
    Brownsburg
    The Sparrow is really nice and great design and easy to clean. Its nice and quite. The Gm-22 is so so light especially for pistols. For me it was the sparrow cant go wrong.

fpdshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Fishers
    So far the Dead Air Mask, and the Sparrow/Spectre are leading in my research as well. Although the Surefire Ryder & Gemtech GM22 are looking very good as well.

Nicu757

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 2, 2013
    Brownsburg
    The GM-22 you have to see and feel in person!! I got my sparrow from Bare Arms(Noblesville) he had it IN STOCK for 199.00 you cant find it anywhere cheaper. He told me SilencerCO sent him 3 as a promotion that's why the price. If you want a sparrow that's where to go. Give him a call and save yourself from a form 3

Reid

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I researched this very topic for well over a month before I finally made my choice. I landed on the Mask HD... Now all I can do is wait! ... I liked the baffle design for easy clean in tumbler or ultrasonic cleaner, and the look and feel screams high quality. I was back and forth with the Sparrow SS and couldn't get over the "first round pop" that seems to come up everytime you read about it. But, in all honesty, I think they are all fairly similar and you will be happy with any quality .22 can. Don't wait to long, I was told 5 month wait time.

milton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    I researched this very topic for well over a month before I finally made my choice. I landed on the Mask HD... Now all I can do is wait! ... I liked the baffle design for easy clean in tumbler or ultrasonic cleaner, and the look and feel screams high quality. I was back and forth with the Sparrow SS and couldn't get over the "first round pop" that seems to come up everytime you read about it. But, in all honesty, I think they are all fairly similar and you will be happy with any quality .22 can. Don't wait to long, I was told 5 month wait time.
    The first round pop was what steered me away from the sparrow also. I opted for the Spectre though.

scsbronco

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 30, 2012
    All recent reasearch points to the Mask. However, Im intrigued by the Griffin Checkmate. Has anyone ran one? Also where is everyone getting the DA Mask?

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    I was in the range doing comparison tests between a huntertown 22 suppressor (micro I believe) both CF gun works, and the dead air.

CF gun works cans are very light. The dead air is probably the heaviest of the 4.

I was very impressed with the CF gun works it sounded better than the huntertown.

If you want a solid cheaper 22 can go with CF gun works it's a great can. But the dead air was quieter but it's also more expensive.

To disclose all information I am biased because the dead air is mine.

fpdshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Fishers
    Awesome replies guys! I think I have settled on the Dead Air Mask. I figure I will have it for a lifetime, so a few extra bucks over the lifespan of the suppressor doesn't bother me. I also think I am going to get a Gemtech GM22 for my pistols.

Nicu757

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 2, 2013
    Brownsburg
    +1 on the GM-22 its so light. I almost got it over my Sparrow. For me the first round pop was not a large of a factor its no like im 007 I just want hearing safe, quite and built like a tank. Like the other poster said it for a lifetime. Buy right the first time. Now if only my The One and my GM-9 can get out of jail!!!! I think with all the people filing its going to be a long wait. I e-filed a form 1 Monday and man the sight was SLOW!!!!!! There must be a ton of people filling.

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    For those considering a GM-22 for pistols, I saw on YouTube where, apparently, the Dead Air Mask .22 manual discloses that a short version is forthcoming. Can anyone look at your manual to verify that? Thanks!

Top Bottom