• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 58Darlene

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2010
    I was given a Freedom Arms .22mag Belt buckle revolver from my ill grandfather this past weekend. My question is, can I shoot any .22 round through this or is it magnum specific. It's only a 4 shot, and I have to remove the chamber to reload so it won't have alot of rounds through it, just wondered. thanks in advanced!

fire259

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 6, 2010
    Brown County
    someone else probably has a better answer but I think it is mag only. I have a Heritage Rough Rider that has both a LR and a Mag cylinder and the mag casings are slightly larger diameter.

DaveO

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Washington IN.
    As a genral rule I wouldn't recommend using anything but magnum. If you still want to do it contact the company and ask them. Also, hold on, with magnum these little suckers want to jump.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    If you fire a .22 Short, .22 Long or .22 Long Rifle in a .22 WMR (Winchester Magnum Rimfire) chamber the case will likely split.

Short answer: no.

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    If you shoot a 22LR through a 22MAG cylinder, the bullet will travel unsupported a short while inside of the cylinder before it comes to the forcing cone. Not exactly something you want to happen.

Grab a box of CCI Magnums ($11 or so for 50) and that will give you as much enjoyment out of that little revolver as you probably want.

My Single Six has both 22LR and 22Mag cylinders, and I have yet to clear a second box of mags. Too pricey for plinking.

58Darlene

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2010
    Thanks everybody. I didn't think it was interchangeable, but it never hurts to ask. He has also handed down a Remington 700 .243, and a percussion cap shotgun that I know very little about, except it is old and was my great-great grandfathers.

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    So sorry too hear about your grandfather. Hope he gets better.

The pc shotgun is very possible a black powder gun. It will not handle today's smokeless powders. Should say something like "Nitro proof" or "Proof steel" if it can shoot modern powder. Best advice have a good gunsmith look at it before shooting it.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    My Single Six has both 22LR and 22Mag cylinders, and I have yet to clear a second box of mags. Too pricey for plinking.

I've had a Ruger single six for many years and I'm the same way, still have my original box of mags. I'd use another gun if I needed more power. When loaded with shorts that "cowboy gun" is perfect for little vermin and target shooting when the wifey has a headache.

58Darlene

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2010
    The old shotgun isn't in working order. It has no marks on it at all. The barrel looks like it is a wire wound barrel and looks like it has been shortened. Just a neat gun to have around.

Top Bottom