• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dargasonus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    I own a Ruger Mark III and I'm a huge fan of it. Huge after market for internal parts, receiver/barrels, and grips.

(pic in avatar)

So many .22's out there, any particular style that strikes your fancy?

Last edited:

Milkshakeed

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I would like one with the feel of the guns I already own. I have an XD40 and a 9mm Colt Commander.

Cheaper would be good since I am in college again and not making what I once did. But I don't want something that will break on me and have to buy another one.

I'd also like it to be concealable (I have my permit).

Milkshakeed

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I like the look of the Walther and looks like it would feel like my other handguns. Size may be a problem though. I have large hands.

Last edited:

JSeroka

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I have put thousands upon thousands of rounds through 2 different Walther P22 that my brother owned and it is a CHAMP! That is my next pistol purchase for sure. That .22 is the best in my opinion, it can handle thousands without a problem. Though I have seen between the two they they liked to cycle different rounds differently. One had issues with the federal 555 box, and the second does NOT like the Remington 550 box ammo. Now they both never had any issues with stingers or anything else but those two ammo brands I saw issues with on each one respectively.

Dargasonus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    I have put thousands upon thousands of rounds through 2 different Walther P22 that my brother owned and it is a CHAMP! That is my next pistol purchase for sure. That .22 is the best in my opinion, it can handle thousands without a problem. Though I have seen between the two they they liked to cycle different rounds differently. One had issues with the federal 555 box, and the second does NOT like the Remington 550 box ammo. Now they both never had any issues with stingers or anything else but those two ammo brands I saw issues with on each one respectively.

Yeah I've heard of cycling issues with lower power ammo with the P22's

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    I have a Ruger mark 3 with a bull barrel which is a tack driver. BUT I don't shoot it much cause I hate cleaning it. Just got a sig Mosquito. Doesn't have the same out of the box accuracy, but it is a lot easier to strip and clean. Also came threaded for a can and had an extra spring for lower power "utility" loads. Paid $350-ish for each so pretty reasonably priced. Also prefer the Sig grips but as above the Ruger grips are easy to exchange.

I have a friend with the Walther and it shoots fine as long as you feed it the good stuff. If you give it the $20/500rnds stuff it doesn't cycle the slide sometimes.

IMO get the Sig if you just wanna plink, get the Walther if you want a tiny carry gun, get the ruger with a rail and a bull barrel if you are gonna want to shoot any matches.

Dargasonus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    The only thing that I have a hard time with on my Mark III is the breach face, but once you get out the LCI and use a toothbrush or similar tool it's not too bad to break free the caked on residue.

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    The p22 is a fun gun. Mine runs best with Remington thunderbolts. I haven't tried any of the higher velocity stuff though. It also has a threaded barrel for future suppressor ventures. Chances are that it's not the last one I'll own either. I love it.

T-Mann

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    Michiana Area
    Well,

If you have a XD and want something that feels similar, what about the SW M&P22

222000_01_md.jpg

And, if you meet the requirements, they are less than $300.

Express Police Supply said:
    ... the sale of this firearm is restricted to the following personnel:

Current / Former Law Enforcement
    Current / Former Corrections Officers
    Current / Former Military
    Current / Former Firefighters (including volunteer)
    Current / Former EMS or EMT
    Current Security Guards
    Current Commercial Airline Pilots & Flight Deck Officers

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I either own or have owned many .22 pistols. Browning Buckmark, Ruger Mk I/II, Walther P22, Smith & Wesson 41.

For quality it is hard to beat the Model 41. But that comes at a price.

IMO the best value in .22 pistols are the Browning Buckmark or Ruger 22/45. They have the feel of a larger gun, are well made and accurate. Of these two I currently own the Buckmark. This will the the third one that has been in my collection. All of them were/are excellent guns.

The Wather P22 is a decent training gun, but is not a Browning or Ruger. It is small, light, and has little recoil. Accuracy is what you would expect from such a gun.

Long story short get yourself a Browning or a Ruger and don't look back.

Top Bottom