• ...and so much more!
  • derrickgoins

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    I've shot a Sig Mosquito and P22 but finally settled on a Ruger MKIII 22/45. You simply can't beat the accuracy out of the box and they have the best fit and feel of a .22 pistol I've ever shot. Best value for the money in my opinion.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    I've shot a Sig Mosquito and P22 but finally settled on a Ruger MKIII 22/45. You simply can't beat the accuracy out of the box and they have the best fit and feel of a .22 pistol I've ever shot. Best value for the money in my opinion.

Once you shoot a RUGER MARK I, II, or III anything else won't compare with the accuracy, price, & feel:rockwoot:

Dargasonus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    If anyone around the Jeff area wanted some trigger time with my modified Mark III before they purchased their own..all it would take was some beer and good conversation :laugh:

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    lol. Well, I'm going to be moving to Jeffersonville IN from Memphis IN in the middle of April.

But I already have my own Mark III, so I probably won't need yours. :D

My father has a Mark I, my neighbor has a Mark II, and I have a Mark III. Most accurate pistols ever, hands down. More accurate than I could ever be, for sure. My neighbors house burned down, and it melted the grips of his Mark II so badly that he couldn't get the magazine out.

He went and shot all 10 rounds out of the gun, no problem, so he wouldn't have to carry it around live until he could get the magazine out.

I think I got my Mark III for $260 at Bass Pro a couple of years ago. How can you beat that price, with the phenomenal accuracy, and that reliability?

kobra

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    After shooting my buddies colt 1911 .22, I sold my Mosquito and ordered a Colt. It's the tactical model with a tactical rail. I'm taking it to the range tomorrow. His shot without any hiccups and was very accurate. Plus it's full size. I'm posting pics in another thread. It also has a threaded barrel.

T-Mann

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    Michiana Area
    What requirements?

These....(I had them quoted in the first post, might make that easy to overlook them)

... the sale of this firearm is restricted to the following personnel:

Current / Former Law Enforcement
    Current / Former Corrections Officers
    Current / Former Military
    Current / Former Firefighters (including volunteer)
    Current / Former EMS or EMT
    Current Security Guards
    Current Commercial Airline Pilots & Flight Deck Officers

Wheezy50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Morgan County
    Since nobody has mentioned it yet, i'll chime in with my two cents....

I've got a Smith and Wesson 22a. It's been awesome for me so far. Will eat all kinds of ammo, is VERY easy to disassemble for cleaning. It's been PLENTY accurate for me, although i cant say it's any more/less accurate than the ruger and/or buckmark.

It's another good option as far as i'm concerned:twocents:

Koukalaka

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    91   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    Madison County
    I'll put in a plug for the Beretta 21A (Bobcat). Last December, I bought a nice .25ACP version just because I liked the look and feel, and last week I bought a .22LR version for plinking. It performed very well with CCI MiniMags out of the box and feels great in my hand.

The 21A, of course, is not a target pistol, and it's much smaller than the Ruger, with rudimentary sights. I just sold my Mark III--that's a great pistol, and probably a lot more accurate, but I am enjoying how easy it is to clean the Bobcat. Seriously, 5 minutes and you're done...with the Mark III, it took me nearly an hour!

That said--the Bobcat was remarkably accurate at the range a few days ago. At 7 yards, shooting slowly in single action, I was able to shoot a group of about 1.5 inches. Given my limited skills and practice, that's pretty darn good for a pistol this small! Even when shooting fast, I could keep the shots on paper. And it's small enough for pocket carry, so it makes a nice woods gun.

(Actually I've been thinking about starting a new thread to discuss the Beretta tip-ups. Wish they made a .380 that size. Gotta take some photos and start that thread sometime soon.)

WOLFEMAN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    LAFAYETTE
    Never have been a long time fan of 22 rimfire except a Marlin 39
    that was passed down to me from family. However at the last
    1500 for some reason I picked up a Taurus PT22PLY, the new
    poly version of their pop-up barrel 22. Felt very good in the hand
    and shoots like any 2" barrel rimfire, decent groups from 7 to 15
    feet. It has a mag safety which needs to be removed and has
    a trigger pull and travel a bit more than necessary. All in all, it's
    fun and cheap to shoot and makes a great boot gun. Priced
    around $200.

:ingo:

Koukalaka

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    91   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    Madison County
    I would get a Taurus PT-22 if I were in the market for a 22 pistol you can still find the earlier models with all metal frame pretty cheap.
    I handled a PT-22 at Gander Mountain and felt that the finish wasn't nearly as nice as the Beretta--but then again, there is at least a $100 difference in cost to account for that. On the other hand, the Taurus is a DAO action, which some might prefer for its consistency. And they do come in a pretty wide variety of finishes. I'd kind of like to pick up the polymer one mentioned a couple of posts above.

Here's a link to a short review of the Beretta that I just posted.

sxshep

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2009
    SW Ohio
    0caf3f49.jpg

My vote is for the 22/45... reliable, tons of aftermarket support and options for upgrades, mine seems to be pretty accurate with cheap ammo

LuckyGunner

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    I have a S&W 22A that gets right around 500 rounds per week for the last 2 years. It doesn't like Remington, but everything else it runs through like a champ. I found mine used for $149 a couple years ago so I have no idea the true round count but it was well broken in when I got it.

If you have a little more money to spend the Ruger 22/45 is pretty nice. The MKII are especially nice also. No experience with Browning Buckmark but I've only heard good things.

Reel Man

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    22/45

Yep the Ruger is hard to beat for the money, I own and have owned several 22/45s and loved them. You are so right about the price of ammo.:twocents:

Top Bottom