sgkeIQP.jpg

Swweeeeet!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Rong

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    NE Indiana
    Double action, I only have my HR 929 right now, but I have been looking at the new Taurus 942s.
    Single action I have my single six and NAA mini :). Of course a new S&W or Ruger sp101 might follow me home eventually.

Drotis

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 17, 2012
    Sellersburg
    Ruger Single Six. First gun I ever shot. My dad bought it for me to learn to shoot in the early 1970’s. He’s long gone, but I still have it. Still shoot it. Still love it.

Chalky

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2019
    Central IN
    Had a few "import" single actions but sold them. Nothing wrong with them just wanted something else. Love my sentinel, double action and shoots nice. Have shot older H&Rs and Iver Johnsons, liked them too. Been considering a Ruger Wrangler. Shooting 22 is fun.

vermilionbird

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   1
    Oct 17, 2020
    South Bend
    I'd really love to get a S&W 317 with the 2" barrel but man those prices on gunbroker make me hesitate. A lightweight, plinker 22 snubby J frame just sounds like loads of fun to me.

Fixer

Expert
    Rating - 96.4%
    26   1   1
    Nov 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne Area
    The wife just picked up a Heritage Rough Rider with pink birdshead grip. It was only $169 and came with 22lr and 22mag cylinders. She loved the look and was hard to pass up at that price. Shoots well and is a lot of fun to plink with at the range.

TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    My very first pistol. A very old Colt Police Positive that was given to my Dad in the late 1960s. It was rusty and in need of a new barrel.

When, I was about 14, We took it to an old gunsmith in Shelbyville. He couldn't find a barrel. So, he made one for it and reblued. It cost me $17.50. I put a lot of .22 thru that old Colt.

If I take .22s to the range, it always comes along.

SuH7hTd.jpg

Last edited:

BankShot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2020
    Clark County
    I keep being tempted by one of the Ruger Wranglers, to go with my Heritage Rough Rider.

I've been thinking about getting either a Wrangler or a Rough Rider. Trying to decide between the Wrangler or the 22lr/22 mag Rough Rider. They are about the same price at my LGS.

TitanUp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2020
    Carmel
    Nothing practical by any means but I am fond of the NAA minis. They are just fun to tinker with and throw in your pocket as a backup if need be. I think I have a total of about 6 now. Mainly all 22wmr but one 22lr

SAILORGOLF46

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    I have been considering a mini to play with. I am attracted to birds head revolvers but due to RA I am unable to cock a full size single action. Lots of options now from NAA.

Nothing practical by any means but I am fond of the NAA minis. They are just fun to tinker with and throw in your pocket as a backup if need be. I think I have a total of about 6 now. Mainly all 22wmr but one 22lr

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I have been considering a mini to play with. I am attracted to birds head revolvers but due to RA I am unable to cock a full size single action. Lots of options now from NAA.

I too, have had a couple of NAA guns.
    I came close to buying one with a long barrel on it b/c I thought it might be fun to shoot.
    The normal short barrel ones I could not hit a 5 gallon bucket with.
    I even bought a bigger grip for my .22 magnum, but it didn't really help either.
    It was the "gun for when you couldn't have a gun" type of gut gun.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    I have a Ruger Wrangler which is a hoot to shoot but I spent some time eyeballing a number of Single Six models at Beech Grove Firearms yesterday. Now I wish I had kept the two I sold. One was a convertible, the other was a .17 HMR. Somebody here has them.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I have an older, 6-shot, Ruger SP101 in .22 long rifle...and it's a hoot-to-shoot!
    It's very accurate, has no recoil, and costs little to nothing for an hour of fun!
    I taught my kids, and several others, how to shoot safely with it!

Top Bottom