• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    Shooters should be prepared to deal with "corn flies", those little sweat bee things that hover and land on bare skin. Long sleeves and-or long pants are recommended. Fly swatter rentals are available, but they're not cheap:):

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Shooters should be prepared to deal with "corn flies", those little sweat bee things that hover and land on bare skin. Long sleeves and-or long pants are recommended. Fly swatter rentals are available, but they're not cheap:):

Your biting flies are no bargain, either! They are well-trained.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Shooters should be prepared to deal with "corn flies", those little sweat bee things that hover and land on bare skin. Long sleeves and-or long pants are recommended. Fly swatter rentals are available, but they're not cheap
    icon_lol.gif

I didn't know those li'l fellas could bite or sting! All they ever do to me is hose some perspiration and salts off of my skin with their little schozzes, then fly off.

I won't make it this time, but I will try for the next. I have a Savage Mk II and some subsonic CCI and Fiocchi, but no dope at different distances with my scope (with any ammo), just a 25 M zero. All I need is a bipod and some time at the range!

Well, maybe I want different glass. Currently it has a Bushnell 1.5-5X, but I think I want something with mil-dots or mil hashes and maybe a wee bit more magnification like a 2.5-10X.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    I didn't know those li'l fellas could bite or sting! All they ever do to me is hose some perspiration and salts off of my skin with their little schozzes, then fly off.I won't make it this time, but I will try for the next. I have a Savage Mk II and some subsonic CCI and Fiocchi, but no dope at different distances with my scope (with any ammo), just a 25 M zero. All I need is a bipod and some time at the range!Well, maybe I want different glass. Currently it has a Bushnell 1.5-5X, but I think I want something with mil-dots or mil hashes and maybe a wee bit more magnification like a 2.5-10X.
    Rhino, get a coat-roll rest and get yer keister out here. Forget that mildot crap! You really wanna hold 16 dots over something? Turn it up to 5 (I'm using 7x), zero at 75 & run the knobs in accordance with the data I posted above, put the crosshairs on it and you'll do as well as I do **. I've already done the empirical hard work with real bullets at the actual distances and posted it for everybody! Your 1070 fps with 0.1 B.C. is the same as mine. And even if your scope's click values deviate somewhat from published specs, you still get a sight-in period plus a spotter next to you the whole time you shoot for score. There's no excuse for anyone not to come!

... (cue music)...It's time to put your fancy pants on...

(**this is, as would be expected, an unremarkable aspiration).

Last edited:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Rhino, get a coat-roll rest and get yer keister out here. Forget that mildot crap! You really wanna hold 16 dots over something? Turn it up to 5 (I'm using 7x), zero at 75 & run the knobs in accordance with the data I posted above, put the crosshairs on it and you'll do as well as I do **. I've already done the empirical hard work with real bullets at the actual distances and posted it for everybody! Your 1070 fps with 0.1 B.C. is the same as mine. And even if your scope's click values deviate somewhat from published specs, you still get a sight-in period plus a spotter next to you the whole time you shoot for score. There's no excuse for anyone not to come!

... (cue music)...It's time to put your fancy pants on...

(**this is, as would be expected, an unremarkable aspiration).

It will have to be next time! I'm already committed to shooting USPSA on Sunday at AtlantaCC!

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    This match isn't even in the books and I'm already looking forward to the Sept match. Thinking.....since it will be the last match for this year, maybe create extra banks of targets and make it a 60 round event...shoot 15 shots at a time instead of 10......pony up a few extra $$ in entry/prize money......You'll have to tell me what you think after Saturday......

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    We had a very successful match today, with perfect weather. The little nasty corn flies stayed away, we set up last night so there was minimal work to do this morning.

a new high of 21 shooters participated!! On average, scores have significantly improved, and shooters are gearing up with improved rifles & optics. Not a surprise, Litlratt was today's winner with a new high score of 37x40. Great shooting. A couple local RCC shooters were close behind with 33's, three of the next four places came from Linton area shooters. Our top lady shooter was 9th overall with a 4H girl just one target back in 10th. Today I got beat by a 13 yr old that I taught to shoot and a woman at her first ever competition. Great, that's just *#%&^* great.

Just kidding of course. Ages ranged from 13-70 plus. Hats off to Archie who took up the challenge to fire with aperture sights. Not many hits, but I honestly don't know how he saw the targets. Well done.
    The Lewis style payback created 5 classes, so we paid $$ to 1st, 6th, 10th, 14th, & 18th place.

I'll post more detailed results tomorrow. I'm hoping INGO participants will chime in with details about their gear, or gear their buddies shot with. Inquiring minds want to know!!

blacknwhite

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 6, 2016
    southwest
    Our group from the Linton area all had a great time at this match and we plan to attend regularly as our schedules allow. The course of fire is well suited to be fun and challenging but not too intimidating. My only wish is that we could stretch it out a little farther than 165 lol. Once the match got going things ran great and the flow was just about perfect with enough time to shoot and reload as necessary. I'd encourage anyone on the fence about coming to the match to attend, you won't regret it. Just for reference my group was shooting 2 cz455's and a 10/22. Scopes were Athlon and vortex. Bipods from the prone.

Litlratt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Terre Haute
    IMG_126211.jpg
    Ruger receiver and bolt
    Kidd 2 stage trigger
    VQ SS match barrel
    Bell and Carlson stock
    EGW 20 moa base
    Nightforce 5.5-22 scope
    Harris bippod
    Federal Match ammo

Last edited:

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    This was a fun match, about 50% newcomers, if my count was correct. The course of fire is a little confusing for newbies at first. It's sorta like a USPSA stage...you will understand it perfectly - 30 seconds after you finish shooting it! You will just have to do it one time for it to make sense. There is no way to memorize it; you will either have to have the guide sheet laying right in front of you as you shoot, or you will have to have your spotter call-out which target to shoot next, to have any chance of getting it right.

* Bring binoculars, and a small clipboard for the scoresheet of the person you're spotting for. (Shooting rugs are provided).

Attachments

• Long Range Rimfire - 1 (8.26.17).jpg
      Long Range Rimfire - 1 (8.26.17).jpg
      550.8 KB · Views: 3
    Last edited:
    Top Bottom