• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TECKS

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 30, 2014
    SPEEDWAY
    I've got a cheap Omega 100 that I am working on and the cylinder gap seems excessive it's at 0.042. All my other revovlers range from .008 to .015. Do you guru's think a .22 short would be safe to fire or will all the pressure escape out of the gap? Thanks

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I have never even seen an Omega revolver, but 42/1000 is way excessive. I have fired very old H&R break open revolvers that the cylinder rattled, probably almost that much. It really did not seem to cause any real problems. With no more power than is in a .22 short, I would have to believe power would be almost nothing at the muzzle. That said, I sure would keep my fingers well behind that gap. I would try to figure a way to shim the cylinder forward or to mill the barrel and screw it in deeper.

PGRChaplain

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Waynedale (FT Wayne)
    One of the original Saturday Night Specials. If you have to fire it make sure no one else is in close proximity. If the Gap is that wide, how is the cylinder Lock Up? I don't think I'd shoot it. :twocents:

TECKS

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 30, 2014
    SPEEDWAY
    The lock up is surprisingly tight, the cylinder and cylinder stop is machined so that the stop forces the cylinder forward and there is very minimal side to side in the cylinder when the stop is engaged and the trigger is fully rearward. The only thing that scares me is the cylinder gap.

Top Bottom