• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bonzaiberger

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Milan
    Where are these? Does anybody know of any gun shops with these in stock...What is the going price on them? I HAVE TO HAVE ONE!!!:koolaid:

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Just got one off of GunBroker last week.. I paid $625 and $25 shipping... From what I see there now the going price is 6-625. So far I've just used the 9MM barrel with great results and I will be wringing out the 22 TCM soon.
    Changing calibers involves swapping the barrel, recoil spring and extractor. If you aren't somewhat familiar with a 1911 it may be a hurdle but it's about a 5 minute swap once you have done it. PM me if you get one and want info on the best price I've found on 22TCM ammo.

[FONT=&quot]NRA Life member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]1911 Mechanic[/FONT]

jtmason15

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 23, 2012
    Grant County
    There is a gun store in Marion that has one in stock with about 10 boxes of ammo also. I got to check it out the other day and it was pretty sweet. wicked little round it looks like. It might be worth the trip here to check it out. I think it was priced at $650. The gun shop is called McDonald's Guns. It is on 600 east 2 miles south off of state road 18. Hope this helps. As an added bonus I believe that the gun comes with a 9mm barrel also.

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    It looks to be a neat cartridge 20 rounds throwing a 40 gr bullet above 2k fps out of a 5" barrle, add some barnes tsx or varmint grenades and that is one nasty pill.

RIA's facebook fanpage had a bolt action rifle pic the other day, chambered in .22 tcm.

that with a supressor would make a real handy 300 yard varmint gun I think.

woodcox

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    Westside of Indy
    Hornady 35gr

I read somewhere that you can send your brass to armscor and they will send you reloaded ammo, with the option of a 35gr Hornady ballistic tip.:yesway:

pokersamurai

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    LaPorte
    Where are these? Does anybody know of any gun shops with these in stock...What is the going price on them? I HAVE TO HAVE ONE!!!:koolaid:

I heard all of the guns chambered in .22 TCM were sent over to Europe for their military and police officers. Something about the 9mm being to large and powerful for them to handle.:D

David

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2011
    They are a hoot to shoot! I haven't tried the 9mm barrel yet but I am having a good time with the TCM barrel. Recoil is very light, but the blast and flash are real attention getters. I let a guy at the range shoot a few rounds over his chrono last time I was out, high was just short of 2200, low was 2144, three others were 2150ish. Very accurate too. Sarco has them in stock.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    They are a hoot to shoot! I haven't tried the 9mm barrel yet but I am having a good time with the TCM barrel. Recoil is very light, but the blast and flash are real attention getters. I let a guy at the range shoot a few rounds over his chrono last time I was out, high was just short of 2200, low was 2144, three others were 2150ish. Very accurate too. Sarco has them in stock.

Calling it a "hoot" just might be an understatement or maybe I just get excited a little easier than you do David. Went by ITP today to put a few down range and it is an "awesome" round. I have shot the 9MM a couple of times but hadn't tried the 22TCM until today. Can't wait for Lone Wolf or one of the other Glock aftermarket barrel vendors to get a setup together to put in a 17 or 34:D. Being a full size, double stack 1911 it's obviously a little large for CC for most ladies but I would say it's the perfect self defense round for someone that is recoil sensitive. From what I read it has near the same muzzle energy as a 45 ACP and I would estimate 20% of the recoil. Rock Island and Fred Craig hit it out of the park with this one, IMHO.
    [FONT=&quot]NRA Life member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]

Last edited:

David

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2011
    Calling it a "hoot" just might be an understatement or maybe I just get excited a little easier than you do David. Went by ITP today to put a few down range and it is an "awesome" round. Can't wait for Lone Wolf or one of the other Glock aftermarket barrel vendors to get a setup together to put in a 17 or 34:D. Being a full size, double stack 1911 it's obviously a little large for CC for most ladies but I would say it's the perfect self defense round for someone that is recoil sensitive. From what I read it has near the same muzzle energy as a 45 ACP and I would estimate 20% of the recoil. Rock Island and Fred Craig hit it out of the park with this one, IMHO.
    [FONT=&quot]NRA Life member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a Glock conversion I don't think, the TCM cartridge is too long to fit in a Glock magazine so it would be more involved than just a barrel swap. I hope the cartridge catches on though, I like it. The muzzle energy works out very similar to a 45acp but the recoil of the gun is significantly less, seems like an ideal cartridge for a small light concealed carry gun. Out of something along the lines of a Keltec pf9 the muzzle flash alone would be worth the price of admission.:D Armscor says they will be out with a Commander length TCM this spring and I read somewhere recently that they will also be producing a bolt action TCM rifle. The former I got directly from Armscor, the latter I read somewhere.

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    I am excited about this. If someone starts loading Barns varmint grenades in this caliber I'd even consider the pistol for carry.

they are prototyping a bolt action rifle that will use the same mags as the pistol. This caliber in a decent bolt action with a barrel cut to 14.5 and a muzzle devices perm attached and a suppressor would be fun. It would make a great short range varmint gun. more power than a .22mag, and re-loadable sounds like a great time to me.

David

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2011
    If someone starts loading Barns varmint grenades in this caliber I'd even consider the pistol for carry.

they are prototyping a bolt action rifle that will use the same mags as the pistol.

Why wait, get a set of dies and load your own. Fred Craig can get them for you.

A bolt gun that uses the pistol mags sounds interesting, more stuff for the gottahave list.:rolleyes:

Top Bottom