• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    Well, I knew this would happen eventually. I mean, theyve taken the personal touch out of everything else.
    People wonder why we keep getting dumber, with less trained skills. I dont, THIS is EXACTLY why.

ASD

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2013
    Southside
    Well, I knew this would happen eventually. I mean, theyve taken the personal touch out of everything else.
    People wonder why we keep getting dumber, with less trained skills. I dont, THIS is EXACTLY why.

agree 100%. I was at a store once and the computers went down and the 19yrold girl at the register was clueless on how to make change without it showing her the amount on the screen.

Gordy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2013
    Newton Co.
    Price out in .338LM is about $30K. It packs amazing technology. They are working on one for the Barrett M107. I will be in for one of those.

USMC-Johnson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    I am curious how bulky the software is and see how fast you can actually acquire a target and shoot. 22k buys a hell of a nice rifle and tons of ammo to practice with other wise.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    You better hope the deer dont hire a pimply faced 30 year old guy living in his moms basement. Be a shame if your scope got a virus.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn

I concur...while 'cool' in it's design...it dumbs people down as they won't be able to achieve anything of the same if they don't have their specific rifle at hand! I guess I'm a little too 'old school' to appreciate what this does! I like doin' the math myself!

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    Dont get me wrong... This WILL BE the future. Eventually we will make ourselves so fat and stupid, we cant even tie our shoes. But then again, well have a little device made in china to do that for us.

We are our own worst enemy.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Dont get me wrong... This WILL BE the future. Eventually we will make ourselves so fat and stupid, we cant even tie our shoes. But then again, well have a little device made in china to do that for us.

We are our own worst enemy.

Sort of like what was said when those new fangled horseless carriages started showing up. People were going to end up being too dumb to be able to care for their horses and then they'd be lost.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    Yea, and what came out of that? OPEC, dependence of foreign oil, wars, etc.
    I never said progress is always bad.
    Im just one of those weirdos that thinks progress isnt always that great.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I don't think these type systems are the wave of the future. I think they are and always will be a pour substitute for practice. You can get pretty good with a rifle in 22,000 dollars worth of ammo. I don't see them ever getting to the price that average joe buys them, or even thinks they need them.

That said Ive been wrong once or possibly twice in my life:D

HuntingBear

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2013
    Greenwood
    My advice is to send me the money. I'll provide you a NRA rifle shooting course, tactical long range rifle training, and lots of range time. I'll even provide you an excellent long range rifle up for shooting 1350 meters. All of this for a mere $15,000 (what a bargain!). I don't expect any takers as I doubt anyone would spend $22,000 for this rifle (except some idiot at the GSA).

For anyone who wants a Barrett or similar rifle - where are you going to shoot it at long range (>1000 meters)? There are a few such ranges available to civilians in the USA. The 50BMG is fantastic but you better have a big wallet if you intend on shooting the rifle enough to become proficient. The 7.62x51 or 7.62x67 are great 800m to 1350m rounds and readily available.

Equipment may make a difference but without skills developed & refined it doesn't change a close hit to a X-Ring or kill shot.

Top Bottom