• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • G_Stines

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 2, 2010
    Central Indiana
    Yes, yes... I know very well, all about Don's. But it's the only place to shoot a rifle without spending $100 on gas. I just can't do all that. It's my only option. At any rate... I can't get it in there. Any tips? Am I doing something wrong with this thing? I feel like if I try to pull the black string any harder, it's going to snap...

Not sure how often you go to [that place] but if it's to the tune of 150$ a year between gas and paying for the range, you should look into the Danville conservation Club.

NolaMan61

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    Danville, IN
    Not sure how often you go to [that place] but if it's to the tune of 150$ a year between gas and paying for the range, you should look into the Danville conservation Club.

Danville conservation club allows 1 shot every 3 seconds. If you violate that, you get one warning. A second time, you are thrown out and don't get a refund. Screw Danville conservation club with an iron stick...

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Geez

Danville conservation club allows 1 shot every 3 seconds. If you violate that, you get one warning. A second time, you are thrown out and don't get a refund. Screw Danville conservation club with an iron stick...

If you're not playing Army or shooting a full-auto, 1 shot every 3 seconds might be called rapid fire. Lots of ranges have rules about rapid fire. If you break the rules and get tossed, you've got no grounds for complaint. :dunno:

NolaMan61

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    Danville, IN
    If you're not playing Army or shooting a full-auto, 1 shot every 3 seconds might be called rapid fire. Lots of ranges have rules about rapid fire. If you break the rules and get tossed, you've got no grounds for complaint. :dunno:

You're also assuming that I go to ranges like that in the first place. I haven't gone to the ***** ranges in months. The only thing Don's in good at is not giving a **** how fast you fire your weapon. And I like that. Other than that, I go out to a friends property to fire my rifles.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 7, 2012
    Carmel
    Any suggestion on a good snake to buy for the Ak-74? I've never used these things. So I don't have any idea what kind are best.

Keep the Viper you have, it's a good boresnake. You'll have to pull REALLY hard the first dozen or so times you use it, but it will get worn in. When you say it only goes about 4" or so, it sounds like the problem is where the string meets the snake. That part is reinforced and difficult to pass through the first few times. You won't break the string, it's tough as heck. It just needs to be muscled to get it through. Just wrap it around your fingers, make sure it's not caught on anything, and give it hell.

Beowulf

Master
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I've had the same problem with two different bore snakes in my rifles. Maybe I was just been too wussy. I swear that the string was going to snap and I was going to be left with that thing halfway clogged in my barrel, so I took them back (bought it at Dick's and they took it back, no question asked). I tried both the viper and regular. I couldn't even get the string of the regular bore snake down the barrel of my .22. The brass weight wasn't heavy enough to drop it all the way through.

Don't get me wrong, I love my other bore snakes for my larger caliber pistols and rifles. I just haven't had any luck with my .22s, 5.56, and 5.45 guns.

Top Bottom