• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    sling10mm's point about reaching max .223 pressures sooner because of smaller 5.56 case volume is well taken. That brings up the question of what are you using the ammo for? For plinking or even match ammo, there is no need to push the max-pressure-envelope. Using loads that were around 95%-97% max, I could get sub MOA results. If you're looking for hunting ammo and max terminal ballistics, that's another discussion.

jhart

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    greenwood
    sling10mm's point about reaching max .223 pressures sooner because of smaller 5.56 case volume is well taken. That brings up the question of what are you using the ammo for? For plinking or even match ammo, there is no need to push the max-pressure-envelope. Using loads that were around 95%-97% max, I could get sub MOA results. If you're looking for hunting ammo and max terminal ballistics, that's another discussion.

sorry been busy the last week, just getting a chance to respond. It's really a two fold answer I will be loading mainly for across the course but will also be loading rounds for plinking with my son. Although I just got him a 10-22 so he won't be shooting mine as much. So mainly XC will be it's main duty and maybe a mid range here and there. But after my crappy first outing of a 540 I have lots of work a head of me.

Some of which may include changing my round entirely. Now that I know the only rounds that get loaded in a mag at competition is the rapid stages. I may look at the larger rounds 77 and 80's. Since most will be loaded one at a time. Also on a side note anyone looking in to High power competition, get some 10 round mags and a follower for one of them designed to allow single shot use. I just ordered both.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    FalconRC369
    Top Bottom