• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigjon07

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    I feel like i have been beeting a dead horse here, but I just bought a mini 14 and when looking at the barrel it stated .223 but did not pay attention to what it said after that. Looking on ruger web site it show 5.56(nato)\.223 rem. I went on another site and one guy stated that if a barrel is marked .223 Cal that it is chambered 5.56 and can shoot both rounds. Is this true?

I would love to be able to shoot both rounds. I just found this so tonight I will go home and look at my mini 14 and see how it is stamped.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    If the barrel is marked .223 DONT shoot 5.56 through it. I belive this is what the general consensus is. May want to do some more checking though

G_Stines

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 2, 2010
    Central Indiana
    I feel like i have been beeting a dead horse here, but I just bought a mini 14 and when looking at the barrel it stated .223 but did not pay attention to what it said after that. Looking on ruger web site it show 5.56(nato)\.223 rem. I went on another site and one guy stated that if a barrel is marked .223 Cal that it is chambered 5.56 and can shoot both rounds. Is this true?

I would love to be able to shoot both rounds. I just found this so tonight I will go home and look at my mini 14 and see how it is stamped.

.223 Cal means that you can fire both, if it's stamped .223 Rem, DO NOT shoot 5.56.

I have an lower from RRA that is stamped .223 cal, and they told me it was 5.56 approved. When I got a Mini 14, it said the same thing and I double checked with Ruger. You can fire 5.56.

Top Bottom