• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Which .223 round makes an effective zombie round ?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Zombies wont be that much of a problem ,in my county,With the meth problem,they wont have any teeth.

Same thing here, as long as the zombie outbreak happens when I'm working.
    But, with the chemicals they use to manufacture, the flaming zombie problem crops up again. They'll be faster than regular zombies too.

RTDoug

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    is 7.62 nato Fal too much, i love my AR but im really on an Fal kick right now. im happy with any .223/5.56 if only headshots count. as for a nailing a zombie in the head and it not fully killing them, they'll probably still be knocked out, or you could just fire again. .22 would be great if you hangin out on a roof all day poppin zombies from a secure location, i wouldnt go running around with it as a primary though, consider .22 ammo is not the most reliable ammo and rimfire in magazines isn't as reliable as rimless for feeding, thats a big risk to take, if you need thousands of rounds of ammo you need a camp, your not humping it around.

Always remember, "Double Tap"

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    claymore FTW
    imagesCA2ZVWWM.jpg

or
    imagesCAM8DCFY.jpg

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    I'm going with V-Max, I have about 3000 of them loaded up. The way they pop a prairie dog they should pop a zombie's skull pretty good!

AR Maker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Morgan County-MSG2
    Zombies laugh at 223/5.56.

They're dead and dried out, so you can't rely on any hydrostatic shock effect.

The hydrostatic shock (Fluid shockwave) is the effect of liquid in soft tissue from high velocity impacts.

Don't you watch zombie movies. Yes they are dead but far from dried out. most are quite juicy and full of liquid. IMO any high velocity round will have good effect on zombies.

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    I'm not a big zombie expert, but here's my dream arsenal for the walking dead.
    2 5.7 FNs with a green laser on the left hip and a red laser on the right hip. For the main
    weapon a rifle of the same caliber with a red-dot sight. In place of a butt-pack a 12ga
    with at least 2 rounds. In the left shoulder holster a .380 with silencer and an Arkansas
    toothpick in my boot....Oh,and a ride ,this stuff's heavy!!!

Top Bottom