• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • linuxhack

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2020
    Clarksville
    Made the rounds and found the KelTec P17 I saw the other day. It's OD green and $250. i'd prefer black and closer to $200 so I didn't pick it up. Rural King had the Glock 44 for $359 which is probably a good price for that one. I am terrible at making up my mind and actually pulling the trigger, unless a great deal is sitting in front of me.

n9tkf

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2018
    Just before the earth ends.
    I have the Walther P22Q. Nice gun for the money. No issues withe the magazines or ammo. Usually shoot bulk ammo and no issues. Two magazines are included and are 10 rounds.one has a small pinky extension. Takes some time to get used to the magazine release built into the lower part of the trigger guard. Operates smooth in DA or SA. Rear sight is adjustable and comes with a threaded barrel. You can also buy a target barrel for it.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    I found a TX22 in stock at Bass Pro for $299 and pulled the trigger! Now to find some more ammo. Thanks for all the feedback and suggestions.

Good luck with the gun, you'll love the way it handles and the trigger is great out of the box.

Suggested watching:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vj6nsHX6EMc

The video shows how to take the striker block out of the slide, for instance if you want to clean the firing pin channel. There is a very small spring that can be lost when doing so, if you ask me how I know I will refuse to answer. :xmad:

It's just fun to know how stuff works and how it all fits together.

linuxhack

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2020
    Clarksville
    Good luck with the gun, you'll love the way it handles and the trigger is great out of the box.

Suggested watching:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vj6nsHX6EMc

The video shows how to take the striker block out of the slide, for instance if you want to clean the firing pin channel. There is a very small spring that can be lost when doing so, if you ask me how I know I will refuse to answer. :xmad:

It's just fun to know how stuff works and how it all fits together.

Nice video, thanks for the link. I had to replace a small spring like that on my motorcycle with one from a ball point pen once to get it running. Made me feel like Macguyver.

linuxhack

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2020
    Clarksville
    I was there about 9:30 am. They might not have unloaded the truck yet.

Yeah, they didn't have it on display at 5pm and when I told them it showed in stock online, they said not to trust that. There was only one person at the counter so he told me he couldn't leave to check the back and I should check back in a day or two.

I went to customer service and they were able to verify the store had 2 in stock asked who I spoke to and told be to try the gun counter again. When I went back up there was a second person working the counter and he went in back and found it.

BankShot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2020
    Clark County
    Yeah, they didn't have it on display at 5pm and when I told them it showed in stock online, they said not to trust that. There was only one person at the counter so he told me he couldn't leave to check the back and I should check back in a day or two.

I went to customer service and they were able to verify the store had 2 in stock asked who I spoke to and told be to try the gun counter again. When I went back up there was a second person working the counter and he went in back and found it.

Madison Outdoors listed one for $269 on their site a couple weeks ago, but when I contacted them recently they were out of stock.

They have told me at the gun counter that the internet is wrong and I just believed them. I never thought about checking with customer service. I'll have to try that next time. I saw the one on Madison Outdoors too, but was also told that they were out of stock when I called. My son moved to Madison last year after graduating from Hanover, so I don't mind the trip up there. I can run by Madison Outdoors and give him a visit too. Let us know how the TX22 works out.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

Got to love it when you have to work to get them to take your $.

Airtevron1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 10, 2019
    IN
    Dont overlook the KelTec. Comes with 3 high cap mags and its the first .22 Ive had that will eat ANY ammo you put in it. I love mine.

Ethanalpha

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2018
    Jeffersonville
    I was considering the Taurus TX22 based on the recent thread. Didn't find any locally when I went out looking today.

What I did find was a Walther P22Q for $299. Any opinions on this gun or comparisons to the Taurus?

I currently own a Steyer M9 and Makarov. No experience with rimfire, but it seem like a good cheap to shoot option.

don’t overlook the Ruger mark 4. It is a fantastic shooter, and 100 million times easier to take apart over previous Mark series guns.

linuxhack

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2020
    Clarksville
    Dont overlook the KelTec. Comes with 3 high cap mags and its the first .22 Ive had that will eat ANY ammo you put in it. I love mine.

I was on the fence with the KelTec, but to be honest the looks turned me off just a bit, between the odd slide and green color (of the one I saw in person). If I could have found one at a good price prior to purchasing the TX22, I probably would have gone that route.

Top Bottom