• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DIRTROAD

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    I have the ruger 22/45 lite and love it but I love my M&P 22 better that thing just runs and is the same size as a full size M&P 9mm what a great shooter and feed everything don't over look it

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I bought the wife a mark iv 22/45 lite and she loves it. It is definitely great to shoot and lots of good upgrades for them thru Tandem Kross. While researching the ruger i found forum after forum if people hating the S&W Victory. Lots of unhappy people with various problems, although i can't attest to that. I can attest that the 22/45 lite loves cci standard velocity and have run over 3k thru it now with 2 failure to fire which i attribute to the primer, good strong strikes but no boom

I find that interesting. S&W must have spotty quality control or something, but my experience is very different. I bought a Victory and liked it so much I picked one up for my Dad. Then I bought a used one as a backup, which I ended up selling to a neighbor because he liked it so much. All three ran multiple brands of ammo without issues and worked flawlessly. I've probably put 2k - 3k through mine and a couple hundred each through the others without any issues other than a couple of rounds that didn't go bang. I'm sad to hear that the quality might have gone downhill lately, as I was thinking about picking up one with a threaded barrel as a backup, since the prices are even less than when I bought mine.

OP, out of the options you're looking at, I've shot the Ruger Mark IV and thought it was very nice. I think you'll be happy with any of the three ;)

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I've read lots of good about the Buckmark, but like the Victory, it just wasn't for me.

1. Since I didn't enjoy the Victory, I'm afraid that will happen with the Buckmark, also.
    2. I do want to try out the Smith M&P 22, just for fun, and maybe the Walther P22 or PPQ 22, if I can make up my mind which direction to go, but usually price shows the way.
    3. I had a chance to buy a Ruger SR 22 for $225 here on the forum, but I got tired of reading negatives about it.
    4. The Smith and Walther used prices are nearly what buying new at Hoosier Arrmory, so I haven't pursued them since there is no hurry unless I see a price below $300 used, where I like to buy my used guns (in the $200s).

Last edited:

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    LOVE my Ruger Mark IV. Put a Volquartsen trigger kit in it, and it’s a keeper now. This one is in the “never sell it” section of my gun safe. Not many firearms make it to that place in my safe.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    22/45 Ruger "Lite" and a GSG 1911-ish that are both runners. Both run very well suppressed and are as accurate as the operator.
    I have a fair red dot on the Ruger and it is used to introduce 1st timers to pistol use. It works out perfectly in that roll.

JimmieG

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2017
    South Bend
    22/45 Ruger "Lite" and a GSG 1911-ish that are both runners. Both run very well suppressed and are as accurate as the operator.
    I have a fair red dot on the Ruger and it is used to introduce 1st timers to pistol use. It works out perfectly in that roll.

Church,

I had seen the GSG offerings, and the 1911 looks really nice, but I hadn't really considered it. I suppose I should take another look at them.

Krock

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 18, 2016
    NW Indiana
    I have the S&W Victory - have put over a case through it (Agulia Super Extra). Love it, have not had any issues that I would consider a problem. I also have the S&W 15-22 and it run the Agulia without issues as well. Both firearms are a lot of fun and have proven themselves reliable. If I purchase another .22, it will be the CZ Kadet Adapter II because I already own the P01 and PCR compacts. However, I must admit that the Mark IV is tempting.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    First Browning Buckmark second Ruger MK

The Browning has serial on lower part. Makes it easy for upgrades. Both excellent pistols!

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    I bought the wife a mark iv 22/45 lite and she loves it. It is definitely great to shoot and lots of good upgrades for them thru Tandem Kross. While researching the ruger i found forum after forum if people hating the S&W Victory. Lots of unhappy people with various problems, although i can't attest to that. I can attest that the 22/45 lite loves cci standard velocity and have run over 3k thru it now with 2 failure to fire which i attribute to the primer, good strong strikes but no boom

I don't understand why people are hating on the Victory. Perhaps they don't know how to tighten a set screw?

The ONLY issue I've had with mine was caused by shooting crappy Rem Thunderbolt, which leaded the barrel severely.

With the normal ammo I use (always std velocity), it's boringly reliable and I can hold 3" at 25y pretty easily for a 10rd mag with all stock inners. It's easily way more accurate than I am. And the stock SAO trigger is actually pretty good.

Tandemkross parts take it to another level, I've just not felt the need to do so.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I've not shot a Buckmark that fit in my left hand. :xmad:

Oh, and...

7A96F58D4FE7BC086E86262C75AC93EDAB7DC9AD

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I don't understand why people are hating on the Victory. Perhaps they don't know how to tighten a set screw?

The ONLY issue I've had with mine was caused by shooting crappy Rem Thunderbolt, which leaded the barrel severely.

With the normal ammo I use (always std velocity), it's boringly reliable and I can hold 3" at 25y pretty easily for a 10rd mag with all stock inners. It's easily way more accurate than I am. And the stock SAO trigger is actually pretty good.

Tandemkross parts take it to another level, I've just not felt the need to do so.

Our Victory ran without issue, it’s weight had just too much of a forward balanced for our tastes. By the time I added the internals and the lighter barrel, it’s enough in it that I could’ve bought a MkIV plus the VQ Kit.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Noticed that I had commented on this thread Nov. 2017.
    I have come full circle on my experience with owning/own most of the .22LR semis out there and having trimmed the duplicates and narrowed down eliminating others that were not as accurate, or were and I chose to keep the ones I chose (Walther had a good one that was just as good as the Smith M/P, but I kept the Smith for a bit longer just b/c I was more emotionally attached to it).
    I have or had nearly all the brands here mentioned and it is hard to trim at this point, much of the time following the advice of other's experience.
    I got another Victory, a Mark 4, Buckmark, GSG 1911-22, Beretta M9-22, an older SW 22A-1 and Colt Target along with a SW 41 and a Ruger Charger just for a different style.
    Love them all, going to be hard to trim.
    Sold a Beretta Neos that I loved but even though it was more accurate than some I had early on, like the Smith M/P 22 that I'd bought new, when I started getting the Mark 4, and Buckmark and others I now have, it couldn't compete.

I wanted the Beretta M9-22 for over a year, but was very disappointed to find it was manufactured by Umarex (like many other 1911 style .22LRs), but I didn't really find much criticism about it and finally got one for $300.
    It was no more accurate than what I had, but I enjoy it very much anyway, but when it comes time to trim my long sought-after Beretta M9-22 might make the "endangered" list.
    I want to have more fun with it, however, and serious trimming (b/c of retirement) will not happen until next August probably.

Last edited:

Rong

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    NE Indiana
    Jetta, looking at your picture in that post...I'm not sure anything will fit that left hand. And you might have to do something about all that yellow stuff on your right as well.

Top Bottom