• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rbsangler

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Lizton
    Anyone on here know of something available right from the factory, model number, and other info would be great! Thanks.
    I did a search on here and got frustrated looking through all the posts searching for specific rifles, and I am not real good at advanced or more specific searches, just hoping a direct question would "git 'er done". thanks.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I'm on my second savage fvsr. I sold the first one just to clean up some cash items. Both rifles have been outstanding. Both were more than accurate enough for anything I'll ever need or use. Both would ring steel at 300 yards if I did my part. Great guns and just over $200 brand new in the box is an incredible bargain. Most time it's tough to get a 10-22 bull barrel in your hands for that.

Last edited:

Mudcat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Warrick county
    The biggest problem with the Savage is the crappy stamped steel magazines, I replaces several through the years for mine. Great little rifle though. I have a Ruger American Rimfire it uses the same mags as a 10/22 I like that, I like the flat bottom for shooting with a sling. I am impressed with the Ruger what little I have played around with it.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    The biggest problem with the Savage is the crappy stamped steel magazines, I replaces several through the years for mine. Great little rifle though. I have a Ruger American Rimfire it uses the same mags as a 10/22 I like that, I like the flat bottom for shooting with a sling. I am impressed with the Ruger what little I have played around with it.

I've never had a quality or reliability issue with a savage 22lr magazine. I completely understand what you're talking about though about not liking to carry a rifle slung over your shoulder with a squared off magazine digging into your side. My fv-sr is basically a benchrest/prone target shooting rifle that I play with for fun. If a guy is going to carry a rifle all day long for hunting then a marlin 60, or marlin xt-22tr tube fed like the model 70821 is another great option.

I'm planning on picking up a marlin 70821 in the near future just because I like the tube fed bolt action. I just need to find a heirloom quality stock for it and then I'll have the package setup how I want it.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I used my FVSR at an Appleseed and didn't have issues with the mag digging into my arm.

Oh, I qualified with it too :):

Another vote for the FVSR.

Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Say what you want, but one of these with a suppressor.....a whole lot of damn fun

Bolt actions are pretty fun too since you don't get the sound of the trigger resetting and you can run loads like the CCI Quiet with no worries about cycling

I'm in this boat. I've got the 15-22 & the fvsr. Just waiting for the paperwork to come back for my can.

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    Say what you want, but one of these with a suppressor.....a whole lot of damn fun

Bolt actions are pretty fun too since you don't get the sound of the trigger resetting and you can run loads like the CCI Quiet with no worries about cycling
    A red ryder BB gun can be fun too....doesnt make it a tactical BB gun! :):

Top Bottom