• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    Hi all, does anyone use a convrrsion kit for their glock to shoot 22lr. I'm talking about the aftermarket ones that are a whole new slide and barrel (and mags, of course)
    It seems like a good idea; same platform for training/drills.
    The crazy thing is they cost about as much as a whole new dedicated 22lr pistol.
    Please enlighten me -- pros and cons and experience shooting them???

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I have the Advantage Arms kits. I have one for my Glock 23/19 3rd Gen, and one for my Glock 27.

I like them a lot. AA recommends Remington Golden Bullets and a few other loads. The Remington Golden Bullets actually run pretty well in the kits.

I took an ACT intermediate pistol class and ran the AA kit on my 27 for most of the course.

You can find them locally occasionally in the Indy area at Plainfield or Bradis.

I'd recommend them. Trouble would be finding ammo these days, although I stocked up a bit back before the ammo panic.

For the AA kits you need to pay attention to Gen 3 or 4 of the Glock to get the proper kit.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    Yes. And it is AWESOME.

392210_10101677025584218_235460864_n.jpg

Without the can, Rem Golden Bullets run like a sewing machine, as do CCI Mini-Mags (40gr Round Nose variety). Kit *hates* Federal Automatch and Fed Bulk, will run CCI SV good if the kit is clean and well lubed but after 50-60 rounds starts to get unreliable.

Put the can on and it'll feed CCI SV 100% until you run out of ammunition.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I have been running an AACK on my G23 for years; no problems after switching to the newer style magazines.

And I'd say buy plenty of the mags when you find them at a decent cost. Makes it significantly more valuable for training and more fun :D

AD Marc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    The advantage arms kits work. We have tens of thousands of rounds through ours.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Interesting.

I would have never really considered conversion, but would instead of looked at a separate .22. Now I'm considering the merits of such a conversion.

h

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Interesting.

I would have never really considered conversion, but would instead of looked at a separate .22. Now I'm considering the merits of such a conversion.

h

Well it depends on what you want it for. If you want it to train for shooting a Glock, then the conversion is the way to go. If it is for another purpose consider a dedicated gun. There is just not really another way to properly mimic a Glock in 22. And yes, I know there is the ISSC 22 pistol, but there are too many differences for me to say it mimics the Glock.

Top Bottom