• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    Ive got a MKIII and a 22/45 (for sale) and they are good guns but I like the MKIII the best since it came with factory rubber hogue grip. One of the best pistols ive ever felt.

ruger%20talo.jpg

This is my new addition

Last edited:

KDee

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2013
    Carmel
    I have a Ruger 22/45 lite love it, if you have a 1911 you will love the it

I have to echo DIRTROAD's comment. I added fiber optic sights to mine and it is one awesome and accurate gun. One word of caution though, the disassembly is fairly easy. It's the re-assembly that will make you cry!

anifong

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Marshall County, IN
    I have to echo DIRTROAD's comment. I added fiber optic sights to mine and it is one awesome and accurate gun. One word of caution though, the disassembly is fairly easy. It's the re-assembly that will make you cry!

I'm 100% with you there. Mine was a bit fussy about bulk ammo, too, so I traded it toward a classic 3 screw Single Six and absolutely love that revolver. I am however, "jonesing" hard for a Ruger SR22 and hope to own one soon.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    I've owned several .22s in the past. At present I have a Mark II and High Standard Sport King that I don't plan on ever getting rid of. Great pistols. I also have a Mark III 22/45 that I sent to King'shouse almost 6 weeks ago for a grip mod and trigger job. If you get the 22/45, get the one with the removeable grips. The one that has the grips molded into the frame has way too skinny grips. I might have went with the Browning Buckmark if I would have know how much hassle this 22/45 was going to be. The Buckmark feels great in the hand, but I have not shot one. Hopefully once I finally get my 22/45 out and shoot it, (if I ever get it back) I will forget about the Buckmark.

wire3115

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2012
    just bought a heritage single 6 with 22lr and 22 mag. shoots good and very easy to clean. fun for the money

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    Spot On..

Browning Buckmark is nice as well as the Ruger MK series. A friend of mine has a S&W M&P .22 pistol. That seems nice too plus if you ever want to get a 9mm it will feel the same as the .22!

I have Ruger MKII. It is nice. Shoots well, built well and not hard to clean. Two or three times stripping it down with an instruction sheet and you will be able to do it blindfolded.

Don't let others scare you about field or even detail stripping a firearm. If you have some mechanical skills, you will be able to do it.

And if you are going to own firearms, you should be able to do that kind of work.

++1greg. Never owned a Buckmark-I'm sure their great pistols. The Ruger MK series sets the standard for a "Plinking/Target/Hunting" .22LR. pistol. Yes, you DO need to learn the "Trick" to their re-assembly.

And-YES-I do also have a Ruger Single-Six==A fine 6 1/2" revolver, just not as overall as handy as the MK series...Bill.

Thumbs

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2013
    West Side
    I've got a Walther P22 which is loads of fun to shoot, but is a little finicky with ammo; I've found the CCI Mini-Mags to be the most reliable with it.

I just picked up a Buckmark as well and will be headed off to the range to put it through it's paces. I have a couple of friends with a Buckmark and it seems to be far less picky on ammo.

Iceman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 3, 2013
    I have a couple of friends with a Buckmark and it seems to be far less picky on ammo.

As one of Thumbs's said friends, I love my buck mark. It's never given me any trouble, it's incredibly fun to shoot, and it's dead accurate. Only thing I need to do now is get a can for it :)

Back when I went through the "which 22 pistol should I buy?" debate, I thought long and hard between the Ruger and the Buck Mark. My :twocents:, you'll be happy with either one you choose - they're both solid choices.

skunkworks1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2013
    the ruger single six is awesome but I also really enjoy the S&W 22a even more than the the ruger 22/45. go figure.

dhw9am

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    I have a......

I have a Rossi R98 Revolver. It holds eight rounds and has been 100% reliable for over 1100 rounds now. I really like this revolver.
    I have a Chiappa 22lr pistol, which is a POS.
    My friends with Rugers, absolutely love them.
    My choice, would be the SW MP22, which is extremely accurate and totally
    reliable.
    Hope this helps.

jkirby

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    Kokomo/Bunker hill
    I love .22 pistols and Revolvers. I have a Ruger MKIII 22/45RP. Great gun, Fun to shoots, eats everything that I have fed it and is very accurate. I also have a Heritage Arms 22LR/22 Mag Revolver. For the money I don't know much of anything you can buy that's as fun and accurate as this gun. Shoots great, functions perfect and looks good, good point of aim and easy to shoot and be accurate with.
    8730567794_fe015b75a6_z.jpg

Top Bottom