• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jsmrussell

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 26, 2013
    thanks for your input. I am pulling my add I must have paid way to much for the few cases i have because the prices i thought people would be happy with got responded with PM messages stating that i am not welcome on this site and that im just a flipper trying to make money. thanks for all your input

Last edited:

joekoug

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    CCI/Blazer 22LR High Speed Box of 500 I think this is why people are honked off. Whether you paid $20 or $75 for a box of $500 - the prices are coming down, and lots of folks are sore about all of the ammo gougers out there trying to double their money while the rest of us normal folks who hold jobs can't find ammo to take our kids shooting on the weekends. Not saying you're a gouger or a bad person, but with just 53 posts under your belt and this kind of pricing on 22lr people are going to get pissed. Just my .02

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    $60 for 525 of LRN 22 is a "good deal"? :laugh:

You must deal with some seriously stupid people. There truly is a sucker born every minute, I guess.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I just sold a couple boxes of 500 for $25 each.

I have bought it for the same price very recently too.

People are probably jumping on you because they can find 22lr at reasonable prices. Your prices are considered 'gouging' prices by many people, and they are not unreasonable. Its the uneducated who think your prices are fair. JMO

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    One of two things happening here::::

Either the OP paid too much on his case "Deal"

OR

The OP is trying to make too much money on His sale..

You CAN NOT sell a product for $60.00 that can be had for less than $30.00 in more than several places local.

Anyone want to buy some primers @ $75.00 per K ??? HA HA....Bill.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    One of the Site Advertisers has .22LR for sale at .191 per round shipped to my door.

I like the vendor and have bought from them before but I refuse to buy rimfire at that price.

My brother in law in OKC can get CCI at the counter for .097 per round right now...

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I just put a classified in ammunition for 22 LR CCI Blazer 40 grain. I'm asking 60$ for 525 rounds and 100$ for 1000 rounds. I'm constantly looking for 22 ammo so I had a chance to get a few cases at what it bought was an ok price. I asked around I got on gunbot.com and it shows that 10 cents a round and cheaper us considered a super deal. I then get a PM from one if our members calling me a flipper and that he can get the ammo from big R for $20 for 525 rounds. And that I'm not welcome on this board. Everyone else that has bought from me has said how its a good deal compared to what's available. I wish I new why people jump in with there opinion when I had no intent of scamming anyone I think its a good deal to share with the members. Anyone got any opinions that might help me understand.
    Are you saying that you paid $60 per box, by the case?
    i saw your ad, and if we were allowed to comment on the classifieds, you would get a lot of responses.
    a box of 525 rounds should be around $20-$25.
    If you paid $60 and are passing it on to others, and they are willing to pay that, that's great! If you paid $20-$25 and think you're doing us a favor by selling it for $60, then your crazy!
    still, if others are willing to pay it, and you don't feel bad selling at that price, then great! Just don't expect the rest of us to think your a great guy for making us such a "great deal"!

Jsmrussell

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 26, 2013
    i honestly thought people would be happy with a 10 cents a round price. I was at gander yesterday and standard velocity is sellinf for 11 cents a round gunbot shows 10 cents as a super deal. And as far as making much money I lowered the price 10 cents a round and I will not make enough for this to even be worth my while. I look in gun shops all over indy and I can hardly even find 22LR I very rarely even sell stuff on ingo im here more for reading and looking around. I wish i could find the prices for CCI that everyone keeps quoting Palmetto state just had it for 4.99 for 50 rounds Anyway thank you for your input Im going to pull my classified and just use the ammo for me and my sons at the range a couple bucks isnt worth having your site name associated with "flipper" thanks again

Jsmrussell

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 26, 2013
    I agree but that stuff is never in stock. I just always went with gunbot as a decent reference. I paid too much to make it worth anyones while on here. live and learn

Jsmrussell

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 26, 2013
    Havnt sold ammo to anyone. was talking about people outside this site. Even the delivery man that dropped it off said that was cheper than he paid and wanted some.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    There's been many threads about "flippers", and the definition of such. I think it's been pretty much agreed that a "flipper" is someone who buys something, specifically ammo, to resell at a profit.
    I think most of us don't have a problem with someone making a SMALL profit to cover their time and effort, but when we see those that are trying to double their money, well, it rubs some of us the wrong way. I guess you had to be here a year or two ago when the classifieds was a place you went to pass on a good deal to fellow members. It's become a totally different place since this "panic" started!

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    Jsmrussell.... even at the height of the great ammo run of 12/13 you could still get 500 rounds of Blazer shipped to your door for less than $30 from the big box stores. (which I still think is high). I purchased at least 8000 rounds in that time.. not proud of it, but I never sold any of it. I did donate some to a local kids shoot day at the range. Just my :twocents:... but I think your prices are very high, but someone here may pay if the need it bad enough.

Jsmrussell

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 26, 2013
    I only have 2 cases and I definitely paid too much for by looking at your price suggestions. I can't find it in stock Anywhere for under 10cents a round. I'm trying to trade for other pistol ammo rather than sell. Thanks again for your input.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    i have been finding .22lr bulk Fed/Rem for 22-23 dollars per 500-550 weekly and locally at a local retailer. You just have to know what day and time to be there. I don't mind someone making a buck. I am a retired business man. I am just not going to be the guy that pays up because I want it that bad and I'm to lazy to go find it.

Top Bottom