• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • diveski11

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2016
    Indianapolis
    FYI - Indy Arms has one Tippmann M4-22 Pro for $460 (MSRP $550). This model has the composite hand guard. I've got the "Elite" model on order with the aluminum hand guard.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    FYI - Indy Arms has one Tippmann M4-22 Pro for $460 (MSRP $550). This model has the composite hand guard. I've got the "Elite" model on order with the aluminum hand guard.

Happy 4 you! I got behind an elftmann trigger this weekend, good gracious... Will be adding one to my elite asap.

gopher

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Zionsville, IN
    The tippmann doesn't need a new barrel. They are shooters out of the box. They are also milspec ish, so you can easily drop in a barrel or have the factory one fluted.

I wasn't implying that the Kriss NEEDED a new barrel, just that if you wanted to swap it out you could with a 10/22 barrel with minor modifications. The Tippman uses a proprietary barrel from I can tell.

diveski11

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2016
    Indianapolis
    I can imagine that this will not be my forever 22 but rather my next better 22 as I improve (hopefully!). So much great advice and information was shared. I appreciate all of it!

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    I wasn't implying that the Kriss NEEDED a new barrel, just that if you wanted to swap it out you could with a 10/22 barrel with minor modifications. The Tippman uses a proprietary barrel from I can tell.

I can't see how you could modify the tippmann for a 1022 bbl without extensive mods. If 1022 bbl is what you want then kriss is the way.

diveski11

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2016
    Indianapolis
    10/22 was never a primary goal for me. It was definitely one avenue of possibility. AR platform was the other. I don't yet have a definite known length of pull or grip angle so the adjustable AR platform is highly attractive. Now I wait for it to arrive.....

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    10/22 was never a primary goal for me. It was definitely one avenue of possibility. AR platform was the other. I don't yet have a definite known length of pull or grip angle so the adjustable AR platform is highly attractive. Now I wait for it to arrive.....

You made a good choice. I am really excited to shoot RR with the m422

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I can't see how you could modify the tippmann for a 1022 bbl without extensive mods. If 1022 bbl is what you want then kriss is the way.

I think gopher was just stating that you if you wanted to be able to use 10/22 barrels, you should pick the Kriss. Not that you could modify the barrel or the Tippmann to use 10/22 barrels.

Unless they changed something, the Tippmann does use a proprietary barrel design. Tippmann makes a really nice rifle though and are offering some different barrel options now, which is nice.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    I think gopher was just stating that you if you wanted to be able to use 10/22 barrels, you should pick the Kriss. Not that you could modify the barrel or the Tippmann to use 10/22 barrels.

Unless they changed something, the Tippmann does use a proprietary barrel design. Tippmann makes a really nice rifle though and are offering some different barrel options now, which is nice.

That's what I get for speed reading. I'll say this after owning the dmk for a few months, even with the interchangeable bbls the finicky action makes it a pure novelty. It's almost the only way to get a licensed warsport. I wish it had tippmann internals.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    That's what I get for speed reading. I'll say this after owning the dmk for a few months, even with the interchangeable bbls the finicky action makes it a pure novelty. It's almost the only way to get a licensed warsport. I wish it had tippmann internals.

That’s really unfortunate to hear. It’s a great rifle on paper.

When I saw that the 10/22 barrels weren’t just drop in, I lost enough interest to not look again. I know it’s not extensive modification, but I wish we could get a system that would allow easy 10/22 barrel usage.

Top Bottom