• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tbell7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Aug 21, 2021
    Indianapolis
    I just wish it shot half as good as it looks! :laugh: On a good (a real good) day it will hold 1.25" at 50 yards. Only reason I keep it is that it looks cool hanging on the wall.:rolleyes:
    Ha I hear you there. Definitely a covo piece for gun snobs. Very nice still, I'm going to have to put my feelers out for one.

Tbell7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Aug 21, 2021
    Indianapolis
    Little Rossi .22 I put a Ruger 10/22 aftermarket stock on. Fun cheap little plinker. Looking for a budget scope to compete it.

Attachments

• 20220721_223627.jpg
      20220721_223627.jpg
      583.6 KB · Views: 4
    • 20220721_223424.jpg
      20220721_223424.jpg
      643.2 KB · Views: 4
    • 20220721_223517.jpg
      20220721_223517.jpg
      528.2 KB · Views: 4

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Drug the 455 to the range to zero w CCI Quiet.
    Had adjusted the objective on my reg VX1 3-9X scope.
    Less than half a turn has it focus at 25 yards on 9X :)
    Had the strap wrenches and didn't want to mess sending it in for the change.
    Worked fine, no marks.

Then shot the Contender 14" .22 mag. Had changed scopes, wears a 4X Leupold EER.
    OK on the range but if Id take it for fox itd have to wear an RDS.

Next is trying to find a gloss scope for the Win .22 mag rifle.
    Get deer season over and start calling in predators.

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Thanks.. really do not want to have to use too much Tenex at $24 / box of 50..
    You might be surprised. Some of the lower end Eley ammo isn't really any more than, say, CCI standard velocity. And usually shoots a whole lot better than anything loaded this side of the Atlantic. I picked up some Eley Action a while back, and at the time it was even cheaper than the CCI. Shoots amazing, too, well under 1 MOA in my 20" T1x.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    You might be surprised. Some of the lower end Eley ammo isn't really any more than, say, CCI standard velocity. And usually shoots a whole lot better than anything loaded this side of the Atlantic. I picked up some Eley Action a while back, and at the time it was even cheaper than the CCI. Shoots amazing, too, well under 1 MOA in my 20" T1x.
    My 10/22 doesn't fo will with CCI standard velocity. It likes Eley force and Agulia super extra 40gr copper plated. Thankfully both are pretty reasonable.
    Last batch of Eley force I bought was a different lot and it isn't as accurate as the other lot I have.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    For cheap ammo, the CCI Blazer seems about the best in a couple 1022's Ive had ('67 fingergroove and '85 action w GM bbl ).

Its not match grade but .75 for 5 at 50 yards I consider good enough.
    Match ammo I want under .5"

Picked up a NIB metal trigger guard 1022 standard, think maybe '95?
    Was gonna build something.

But plastic keeps my OCD from raging (dinged walnut when out hunting) and really, get the trigger cleaned up on the CZ 455 and I'm pretty much done. W the parallax change on the 3-9X its just a handy package and my go to sporter. It does OK w the Blazer too, but SK rifle match is what it really likes. Picked up a couple bricks of Standard Plus from Brians Surplus this summer.
    Aint tried it out yet.

Have not even wrung out the Savage heavy bbl either.

Seems silly to build another 1022. But flush fit mags and semi auto.......are a nice combo.
    1022's kinda stick in the blood LOL

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    For cheap ammo, the CCI Blazer seems about the best in a couple 1022's Ive had ('67 fingergroove and '85 action w GM bbl ).

Its not match grade but .75 for 5 at 50 yards I consider good enough.
    Match ammo I want under .5"

Picked up a NIB metal trigger guard 1022 standard, think maybe '95?
    Was gonna build something.

But plastic keeps my OCD from raging (dinged walnut when out hunting) and really, get the trigger cleaned up on the CZ 455 and I'm pretty much done. W the parallax change on the 3-9X its just a handy package and my go to sporter. It does OK w the Blazer too, but SK rifle match is what it really likes. Picked up a couple bricks of Standard Plus from Brians Surplus this summer.
    Aint tried it out yet.

Have not even wrung out the Savage heavy bbl either.

Seems silly to build another 1022. But flush fit mags and semi auto.......are a nice combo.
    1022's kinda stick in the blood LOL
    I've seen several people say good things about CCI Blazer ammunition. I'm going to have to get some the next time I see it available and try it out.
    My 10/22 is just a stock thin barrel from the early 90's. The two it likes are Eley force #1 best group at 50yds was around .6?? Aguila Super Extra 40gr copper was just under an inch at 50yds. I use both for squirrel and rabbit hunting.
    I still like CCI segmented rds for raccoons, opossum size. I seen where a guy took a coyote a little under 50yds with the CCI segmented ammunition also. It isn't very accurate it was just under 2.5" 10 shot group. Good enough for larger varmints.
    Raccoon hunting its usually around 25yds or less so it's plenty accurate at that range.

BankShot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2020
    Clark County
    I've seen several people say good things about CCI Blazer ammunition. I'm going to have to get some the next time I see it available and try it out.
    My 10/22 is just a stock thin barrel from the early 90's. The two it likes are Eley force #1 best group at 50yds was around .6?? Aguila Super Extra 40gr copper was just under an inch at 50yds. I use both for squirrel and rabbit hunting.
    I still like CCI segmented rds for raccoons, opossum size. I seen where a guy took a coyote a little under 50yds with the CCI segmented ammunition also. It isn't very accurate it was just under 2.5" 10 shot group. Good enough for larger varmints.
    Raccoon hunting its usually around 25yds or less so it's plenty accurate at that range.
    Midway has it for $3.99 a box with free shipping on orders over $49 with code FREESHIPPING10422. I think the free shipping code expires after today though.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    The ol lady has a 50th anniv grey lam/blued 1022 w a Volq hammer. It likes the Blazer. I have several bricks and she was all happy....until I told her she could have one. Any more, and shed have to buy it.

LOL

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Drug the 455 to the range to zero w CCI Quiet.
    Had adjusted the objective on my reg VX1 3-9X scope.
    Less than half a turn has it focus at 25 yards on 9X :)
    Had the strap wrenches and didn't want to mess sending it in for the change.
    Worked fine, no marks.

Then shot the Contender 14" .22 mag. Had changed scopes, wears a 4X Leupold EER.
    OK on the range but if Id take it for fox itd have to wear an RDS.

Next is trying to find a gloss scope for the Win .22 mag rifle.
    Get deer season over and start calling in predators.

"Next is trying to find a gloss scope for the Win .22 mag rifle."

Since you like Leupolds, I know you'll like this one. Wish I'd bought a bunch more of them. They go for crazy prices now on Ebay.

So I'm assuming you have a Win 9422 when you say Win .22 mag rifle? What a fine piece of hardware they are.

CZ 452 in .17 HM2 caliber with Leu VX2 3-9x EFR with AO. Shoots as good as it looks.

IMG_1587.jpg

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I had a full size Leupold Vari Xii 3-9x AO on a #1B .243 for years. Later i slapped a gloss 3-9X EFR on a Rem 600 in .243.

While the current Freedom EFR may have newer coatings and? I think they look like crap aesthetically ( yes i had one ) and much prefer the looks of the scope you posted.

Prices have gone insane. But on a quality bolt .22 rifle, nothing looks better.

Top Bottom