• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • workinman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    NWI
    i'm waiting to get my stamp and paperwork back, but how often do you need to clean a 22lr suppressor? just want to be able to take it apart when the time comes to clean it. any signs or is it after every shooting session?

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    I've got a Gemtech Outback II with is a sealed can. I"m guessing I've got a couple thousand rounds through it in less than a year and it still works great. Yes, .22's are dirty, but there is no need to clean it after every range session! Keep your guns clean, as their reliability will suffer due to increased gun blown back in the action. If you can is a take apart model, I"m sure the manufacturer will supply you with cleaning reccomendations.

So, what kind of can are you getting? What are you putting it on?

Doug K

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    10°17'42.48"N 85°5
    I've got an AA Pilot which is a sealed can. I've had it about 4 years now and have cleaned it once. I use an old spagetti jar, plastic hose and a fish tank aerator. Punch a hole in the lid of the jar and run the hose through the hole in the lid and through the bore of the can. Fill the jar up with cleaning stuff and put the can in the jar and screw on the lid. Turn on the aerator and whalllah. Let the bubbles clean the can. :yesway:

buckfever34

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 16, 2009
    Jackson County, IN
    With a sealed can, the best way I have found is to soak it overnight in a 50/50 mixture of mineral spirits and transmission fluid. After letting it soak, rinse it out and blow it out with an air hose.

Top Bottom