• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    Where would be a good place to look at some 22LR uppers that will bolt to a mill spec. AR-15 lower? I've seen a bunch of places on the net from a search, but don't know much about the companies.

If anyone has some experience with a good 22LR upper please let me know.

Thanks
    Dave

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I also have a CMMG and it runs like a sewing machine, I have no complaints.

IMG_1848_zpsc4357b12.jpg

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    Anyone have a opinion of the Chiappas .22 uppers? Samco Global has them with two 28 round mags for $249.87. They are 16" with a fixed front sight and flat top upper. I've been looking but can't make up my mind to get it or not.:dunno:

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Anyone have a opinion of the Chiappas .22 uppers? Samco Global has them with two 28 round mags for $249.87. They are 16" with a fixed front sight and flat top upper. I've been looking but can't make up my mind to get it or not.:dunno:

I have not read good things about them, but I don't own one and have never seen one (let alone shot one), so I only know what the internetz knows...

IndyAK

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Somewhere and Nowhere
    I have not read good things about them, but I don't own one and have never seen one (let alone shot one), so I only know what the internetz knows...

I have one and it's definitely not the best quality. It's a polymer upper that does not quite fit at first. The flash hider is pinned on. With just a few hundred rounds thru it there is already wear on the inside of the receiver. But it functions pretty well on good bulk ammo if you don't use the magazine it comes with. I just don't know how long it'll last.

arthrimus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    Carmel
    I have a CMMG conversion bolt and I absolutely love it. I'd recommend that personally. It's a lot more affordable, unless you don't like the idea of sending .22lr down your 223 barrel, which I guess I can understand.

davedolli

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    106   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Clinton IN
    I have a Chiappa .22 upper on a PSA lower, so far so good. I have around 350 rounds threw it with no problems of any kind so far using Federal bulk. If it holds up I think it is a great deal for $250 that I paid for it.

Dave

Toolepqk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.3%
    52   2   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    I have a CMMG conversion bolt and I absolutely love it. I'd recommend that personally. It's a lot more affordable, unless you don't like the idea of sending .22lr down your 223 barrel, which I guess I can understand.

I picked up a conversion bolt this week for fun. Have you had any problems with yours? Hopefully I can try it out this weekend. I roll my own .223 but thought it might be fun for plinking.

Top Bottom